Beauty training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannajadem

CND Education Ambassador
Reaction score
Hi there, I am already a qualified nail technician and have converted to CND L+P in December.
I am looking to start training in beuaty therapy also, to add another 'string got my bow' if you like.
I want to go to college part time as my original training provider (private college) was quite rushed as it was an intensive course, and thankfully I had prior knowledge of nails, but don't feel so confident with beauty-I know absolutely nothing, except of having my own treatments done.
My local college offers VTCT level 2 in beauty, with the option to go onto NVQ level 3 the year after. They also offer a VTCT just in waxing, and I have e-mailed the tutor asking if I were to complete this first (to get a feel if the college is any good!) could I then omit waxing from the level 2 and still go on to do NVQ level 3? I am still awaiting a response.
My query is this.. are there any companies like CND in the beauty sector who offer training also? My experience with CND had been very good and some threads on here claim their training is better than an NVQ, so if there are any beauty companies like this I'd like to know about them please?
Also, I really would like a recognised qualification, and am unsure if VTCT is any good? I would really like to do ITEC or CIBTAC for example, but after looking on their websites there is no training for these in my area at all.
Do I have any other options? I'm scared my local college may not turn out to be so good!
Thank you geeks (sorry it was a long one!)

Latest posts

Back