Beige blonde on orange hair, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aneczka

Reaction score
I have a client, she prelighted her hair at home from level 7 to level 8, but it is orange yellow. [emoji45]
She wants to get a beige blonde, and she doesn't agree for more lighting.
How to tone it? 8/97 + 0/81 would it work?
I would like to keep her hair on level 8, but I'm not sure if it is possible to tone it at this level.
I will see her on Monday so please I need a quick advice [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120]

If it’s orange, it’s still a 7. However, if it’s reasonably evenly lifted, you could use a suitable level 9 tint such as 9/38 in Wella?

If she’s used something like Schwarzkopf XXL to lighten it, you should do an incompatibility test to ensure there are no metallic salts present before applying your tint.

If it’s orange, it’s still a 7. However, if it’s reasonably evenly lifted, you could use a suitable level 9 tint such as 9/38 in Wella?

If she’s used something like Schwarzkopf XXL to lighten it, you should do an incompatibility test to ensure there are no metallic salts present before applying your tint.
I know that orange means level 7 or less, but she was a readhead before that's why I can see some orange in her hair. 9/38 is great color, but it will not tone this warmess, I think.

No, I’m suggesting you apply it with 9% as a lifting tint not a toner.

I have a client, she prelighted her hair at home from level 7 to level 8, but it is orange yellow. [emoji45]
She wants to get a beige blonde, and she doesn't agree for more lighting.
How to tone it? 8/97 + 0/81 would it work?
I would like to keep her hair on level 8, but I'm not sure if it is possible to tone it at this level.
I will see her on Monday so please I need a quick advice [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120]
Did you take a cutting of the hair?

Well, I'going to do this.
I'm wondering if 9/97 +8/81 colour touch would be a nice colour, it would be a cool warm colour, so it would subdue the orange undertones but not leave it too flat

I'm wondering if 9/97 +8/81 colour touch would be a nice colour, it would be a cool warm colour, so it would subdue the orange undertones but not leave it too flat
Interesting idea [emoji108]. Thank you [emoji4]

If your using ct then I would go with one or two shades lighter than an 8 as or it will come out darker than expected

If your using ct then I would go with one or two shades lighter than an 8 as or it will come out darker than expected
8/81 wouldn't go too dark it doesn't have much depth to it.

I agree with Ronray, 8/81 and 9/97 would be lovely.

8/81 wouldn't go too dark it doesn't have much depth to it.
From my experience and what I was taught colour touch needs to be one or two shades lighter as it usually comes out darker

Geeks, I have another question and I hope that someone will share with me. I'm pretty fresh as a hairdresser and I'm still looking for a perfect formula (wella please) for cool blonde (level 7 or 8) with a drop of warmth (not flat cool shade) on natural root (level 6-7). Should I add some /31 or /36 range? Do you have your favourite combo and would like to share? [emoji6]

Illumina 7/81 +8/69
Koleston 7/18
Koleston 7/17 is nice but probably on the warmer side.

From my experience and what I was taught colour touch needs to be one or two shades lighter as it usually comes out darker
Sorry Lara but you've been taught wrong.

Each depth has a different level of pigment and it gets more potent and concentrated as the depth gets darker.

For example, if you have a level a warm level 6 and put a level 8 over it, the result will still be very warm as there isnt enough pigment in the 8 to neutralise warmth on a 6.

Geeks, I have another question and I hope that someone will share with me. I'm pretty fresh as a hairdresser and I'm still looking for a perfect formula (wella please) for cool blonde (level 7 or 8) with a drop of warmth (not flat cool shade) on natural root (level 6-7). Should I add some /31 or /36 range? Do you have your favourite combo and would like to share? [emoji6]
Remember that whem you're lifting you're exposing warmth (although not much as its only 1-2 levels), so even if you want a teeny bit of warmth its best to just use a cool colour to lift because you'll end up with warmth regardless. I think its quite rare to achieve a totally flat colour anyways unless you lift then tone.

Ronrays suggestions are great and I'd recommend them all.

Generally, the only time you need to use a tint 2 depths lighter is when re-colouring after using a colour reducer because there will still be a few of the old colour molecules trapped inside the hair that will re-oxidise and grow dark again.

If you lighten the hair to a level 7 with bleach (exposing yellow/orange undertones), and apply a level 9 toner, even if you choose a blue based tint, it won’t contain enough colour pigment to adequately neutralise the orange tones and the client will complain about fading.

Some tutors briefly explain colour mixing principles but don’t point out that the darker levels contain a higher proportion of pigment so mixing equal quantities of say, level 8 with a level 4 won’t give you a true level 6 colour. Unfortunately, lots of hairdressers rely on ready mixed tints without really thinking about how they are formulated and that’s why when they’re doing colour correction work, they don’t always choose the correct tint.

93A3197B-6398-4470-9134-D13E8B395ECA.jpeg

93A3197B-6398-4470-9134-D13E8B395ECA.jpeg

Latest posts

Back