Belle Hair Extensions course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerryrw

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at doing the Belle Hair Extension course. Can anyone give me any feedback on them? I'm also already insured thought BABTAC, does anyone know if they insure this course? ive rang them but waiting for a call back. Any help or advice would be greatly recieved

Kerry

Hey Hun, I had loads of problems obtaining insurance as they are not accredited. Although cheap unless your a qualified hairdresser (level 2) you will be limited to find companies that will insure their courses. Customer service also pants. Don't mean to moan but princes trust paid my course and due to all the problems they are no longer funding their courses.

Read a lot of reviews xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Belle are no longer CPD approved by HAbia, I've heard and seen lots of the work they produce in their so called luxury salon. They use cheap hair, train cheap and you wouldn't find insurance through them. If you visit the habia website you can search for approved courses. You will find most reputable companies will only train NVQ level 2 hairdressers.

as I understand it no training companies are approved by habia now (or once their approval expires) although they are re-looking at it. Habia approval will require trainers that have the correct qualifications (wouldn't you have thought if they were a training company they would have been anway???? Obviously not!) There's some great threads on here about training but my advice would be to ring around, speak to them then you get a feel for the company. Lush-Us Uk are definately worth a look (changed their name now though and I'm not sure what the training company is called but the hair supplies are called Hair Rebellion, and I understand Balmain, but only if your a qualified hairdresser. Good Luck x

Yes HABIA have stopped accrediting. Our accreditation ran out on Oct 31st last year and we could not renew.

We did receive an email the other day though that they are looking at offering it again, with a maximum of 1 method being able to be learnt in 1 day.

As you have to pay per method for the ones you want to be accredited for it would cost us around £2k per year to be accredited for all the methods we offer.

Habia run their own course and have a course that covers hair extensions of 4 days. However I don't see it covering suppliers which I feel is very important, I have my own personal opinion on any training being provided over 1 day to hairdressers let alone non hairdressers. Is rather train with hair companies as I have such as Racoon, Balmain, Cinderella. Just my opinion. Glad to hear Habia are changing the way the hand out the CPD approved courses to trainers.

hi i did the belle course last year and got insurance through abt, i learnt micro rings & hot fusion, have done a couple of sets but im not happy with them, the hardest part is blending when finished, doing a couple of rows on a doll head is different to doing a live persons whole head, i think it should be trained over a number of days as i had no experience of hair extensions other than wearing them! im now going to college in september to study hairdressing, otherwise i think my course will of been a waste of money. good luck with your training.
bea.x

If you're not a hairdresser it is hard to blend the hair extensions into the clients hair x

I trained with Belle and found the training FAB....I thought the training was thorough and its prob because u only have had done a couple sets u dont feel confident...practice makes perfect and u get ur own wee way of working...i love it and so easy...i did a seperate cutting course which makes me confident in blending the hair;)

Must admit I feel confident after my training however others didn't and stil passed? X

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at doing the Belle Hair Extension course. Can anyone give me any feedback on them? I'm also already insured thought BABTAC, does anyone know if they insure this course? ive rang them but waiting for a call back. Any help or advice would be greatly recieved

Kerry

Hi Kerry! We will provide you with 3-4 insurance companies on your course day for all levels, if you contact Babtac directly and see if they can add on to your current insurance. We look forward to teaching you, which city are you booked in for? Belle x

Must admit I feel confident after my training however others didn't and stil passed? X

Hi indie glow , would you like to come in for further training? We don't charge if you don't feel confident in what you have learned on the day :) x

I trained with Belle and found the training FAB....I thought the training was thorough and its prob because u only have had done a couple sets u dont feel confident...practice makes perfect and u get ur own wee way of working...i love it and so easy...i did a seperate cutting course which makes me confident in blending the hair;)

Glad to hear this, how's your hair business going? Xx

Hey belle I feel totally confident as I do it full time now. And have had loads of practice....it was other members who felt a little lost.

for me, the course covered everything. But I called to find out insurance companies and was told "salon gold" who don't even acknowledge your courses...I called them. When I told yourself a this I was told to put it in writing and you would email me back a list.

Hey belle I feel totally confident as I do it full time now. And have had loads of practice....it was other members who felt a little lost.

for me, the course covered everything. But I called to find out insurance companies and was told "salon gold" who don't even acknowledge your courses...I called them. When I told yourself a this I was told to put it in writing and you would email me back a list.

Glad to hear you are doing well, will inbox you now with our recommended company xx

Haven't received an email....

Still not received lmao!!

So glad I read this thread. After seeing that you still haven't received an email I think I will try somewhere else. Not sure where though :rolleyes: maybe Balmain or Cinderella? x

I'm not a hair dresser I'm trained in hair extensions with km hair extensions I found these absolutely brilliant and I'm insured with abt but to say if your not a hair dresser u carnt blend hair my trainer did a fantastic job teaching me and I'm booked up with extensions for the next month

Latest posts

Back