Best and worst things about the industry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is interesting to say the least!
I dislike clients who visit the salon for a pedicure and expect the beauty therapist to hack, yes I really said hack oh and chop! their feet to bits!! HELLOOOOO we are beauty therapists not chiropodist!!!!!!!

And the clients I had in Cyprus were unreal at times, asking me if I wanted a massage, the lady who asked me to join her on the massage couch and continually made orgasmic sound effects all the way through her treatment!!!
And the guys who wouldnt listen and keep their panties on for the treatment to commence, when this happened I would instruct them then leave the room for a minute or two only to return to find no panties on...fine, I will instruct again! Blimey I would be in and out, in and out until I stuck to a rule and that was No panties No treatment, it worked.

Looking back over the years I have been so frustrated over my work at times, but I love my work, my job and Im not stopping for no one, I am passionate about it and always will be.
The best bit is the treatments you get to have yourself and the feeling of saitifaction:):):)
Faye

I have no idea! I remember the careers teacher at school saying,
'But Donna, you are a bright girl, why would you want to be a hairdresser?'
(!)
My clients love the fact they can have an intelligent conversation, although I have often had comments about being an intelligent hairdresser. :confused:
As if we would only want to employ idiots(!?)

I think colleges don't help these pre-conceived notions, as my friends daughter was encouraged to take hairdressing as she didn't do well at her G.C.S.Es.

I often feel like wearing a badge that says:
'Yes, I am blonde. Yes, I am a hairdresser. Yes, I can think!'
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like the badge idea!!!

I think the problem is, that a lot of people who havent done well at school or generally arent that intelligent, think they will enter the beauty industry because its easy.... we all know its not and these girls dont often last but they do leave the ditzy stereo-type behind them!

i'm still new to the industry myself but i dislike that there are so many 'qualified, experienced' techs who do an awful job, dont care and still seem to make money, people assuming i must be too thick to do anything else and people thinking that its easy and they could do it themselves if they wanted to.

I like meeting new and different people, doing a job that is sociable, being artistic, the feeling of making a nail biter like their hands again,
being able to work around my little boys, knowing there is always something new to learn (and for me there is LOADS still left to learn!)

Latest posts

Back