Best hair for extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny1987

Reaction score
Hi I am having weft extensions put in and i am wondering what is the best hair you use so it will able to be re used and wont go matted! I am worried about buying rubbish hair by mistake as remy hair isnt always remi hair. i have seen sleek icon remi hair which is about £60 for 18" has anyone used this hair is it any good or can anyone recommend a better brand?
Thanks all for your help!

If it only £60, then you can be guaranteed of poor quality. Decent hair should cost you £150-200. :)

Hiya i was going to put a new thread on here then seen this one :) sophisticutz, what company would you recommend to buy hair from? Im a qualified hairdresser and extensionist but am getting fed up with poor quality hair. I use the micro ring technique so need stick tipped (I-tipped) hair and this only seems to be available in the cheap ranges :s would be very grateful for your advise xx

If it only £60, then you can be guaranteed of poor quality. Decent hair should cost you £150-200. :)

Hi Louise. I don't do micro rings but there are stylists on here that do. I use Balmain DH for lengthening. It might be worth a PM to Persianista, as she deals directly with hair merchants for individual application. Minky also has a wealth of knowledge of trusted, quality hair suppliers. :)

Sorry, I only use untipped hair, I use resin method. I have never seen top quality pre tipped hair, so cannot advise.

Hiya i was going to put a new thread on here then seen this one :) sophisticutz, what company would you recommend to buy hair from? Im a qualified hairdresser and extensionist but am getting fed up with poor quality hair. I use the micro ring technique so need stick tipped (I-tipped) hair and this only seems to be available in the cheap ranges :s would be very grateful for your advise xx

I think its a case of "join the club" on this one, So far from the past years research i have yet to find a quality stick tip extensions. Its currently a mission of mine. I have tried using some quality bulk hair and making my own but i cant get the tips small enough for the rings i use . The rings for the self tipped hair are just too big. What ranges have you tried so far?

Hi I am having weft extensions put in and i am wondering what is the best hair you use so it will able to be re used and wont go matted! I am worried about buying rubbish hair by mistake as remy hair isnt always remi hair. i have seen sleek icon remi hair which is about £60 for 18" has anyone used this hair is it any good or can anyone recommend a better brand?
Thanks all for your help!
Celebrity Elite Bohyme Remi is lovely hair for the price, with great care will get 6 months wear , its around £85 plus vat and p and p.
If its weft techniques your interested in hair you looked into the Balmain Double Hair Method, again lovely hair with great longevity.

Sorry, I only use untipped hair, I use resin method. I have never seen top quality pre tipped hair, so cannot advise.

You should order from Russian Hair Company, the real one though. You will not believe the quality you got.

I have a supplier that I am very happy with.

You should order from Russian Hair Company, the real one though. You will not believe the quality you got.
Hi Carla , do you have any further details for this company and to confirm do they supply the stick tip? many thanks

Spanish hair tends to be wavier, Russian is usually very silky. There are lots of shysters selling fake russian online at the moment, so buyer beware.

With pretipped hair, it is highly labour intensive, so at the prices you are quoting, you will not get top quality hair. I buy hair by the hank and use resin method to apply it.
This way I can buy the type of hair that suits the clients pocket.

You must also remember that hair is a natural product and highly variable. The hair in a pretipped ext will be an amalgamation of hair from lots of different people's heads. As hairdressers, we know how different each person's hair is.
There is also the sticky question of ethics. By western women demanding cheaper and cheaper hair, there is now a slave labour market in India and China forming.

Personally I would rather people pay true prices and not exploit the 3rd world. If they cannot afford that, then tough. They can always grow their own hair.

I did think the pictures looked very much like the ones on a spanish hair website I was given.....I have never used them though. Thanks for the info on this.

There is also the sticky question of ethics. By western women demanding cheaper and cheaper hair, there is now a slave labour market in India and China forming.

I agree with Persianista the question of ethics and honesty with the Chinese producers is a minefied.

Yes indeed. We have a duty, I believe, to keep the ethics at the forefront of our minds and our business choices.
Price should not be the driving force behind what we offer. Persianista is right, I think, in saying if you can't afford it then you need not have it.

Linda

Latest posts

Back