Best Sunglasses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect10kb

Reaction score
This is way off topic so hope in right place .

Have always just bought cheap sunglasses but have decided this year to treat myself and buy a decent pair- One that gives good eye protection and stops glare

Can anyone give any recomendations for good quality sunglasses please

Will spend up to about £150

Thank you in advance

I've a couple of designer pairs. The first pair I got where D&G loved them, this year I bought myself a Burberry pair and I couldn't believe how much better protection they are. Much easier on the eye, no squinting at all not too dark. Thats all the experience I have in eyewear though :o but to be honest the more you pay the more u look after them I got the D&G ones nearly 6 years ago and they are still perfect x

Thank you - So would you sat the Burberry are better ?
xx

Yeah I would. Try loads on, and remember to look for function as well as fashion, I think that's where I could have gone wrong with the first pair x

I have some D&G & some Gucci ones. I love them both.Make sure you tey lots on & get a style that wont date.

I have a pair of Versace, Ray Bans and sport style Polaroid.

I would say that the best protection give Polaroids but I use them only for kayaking when the water reflects the sun, cycling and in general activities. But they are not funky but sporty, hard working shades.

Ray Bans are ok, they're for me more of a fashion item than sun protection.

Versace are really good! And I highly recommend them :)

i have raybans and guccis - raybans are better for function imho but guccis look better!! make sure you go for a nice big frame, small frames aren't good for sunnies as they let too much light in so celeb it right up with nice big spectaculars :) some spec shops do various designerish ones - iv got lipsy aviators in prescription with anti glare added in aswell, think i paid about £100 fr them, so less than the guccis and raybans :)

i have raybans and guccis - raybans are better for function imho but guccis look better!! make sure you go for a nice big frame, small frames aren't good for sunnies as they let too much light in so celeb it right up with nice big spectaculars :) some spec shops do various designerish ones - iv got lipsy aviators in prescription with anti glare added in aswell, think i paid about £100 fr them, so less than the guccis and raybans :)

I agree that the bigger the better and you will look funky too :)

Polaroids have the anti glare filter in them- at least mine have.

If you have House of Fraser near you I recommend for sunglasses shopping but defo most of the spec shops have a good choice x

Hi ,

Thank you all for taking the time to reply . Yes I want them to look good but my main concern is protection and anti glare - I dog walk everyday and if the winter sun gets very ' glaring '

From your comments seems Ray ban or Polaroid is the way to go but if anyone one else has any more sugestions would welcome them

Thank you again x

Latest posts

Back