Best way to achieve this look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairbyTor

Reaction score
can anyone advise the best way to achieve this? Client is currently a level 9 all over.

I use Wella. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 86
How confident are you with balayage?

Fairly confident and happy with the results I've had so far, but they've always been a fresh canvas, not already a high level blonde!

Would you pre pig the roots? Or would a warm brown with red in be enough?

It depends on your client. I've learnt that it's always worth spending time on the consultation, especially if it's a new client.
For instance, if they're naturally about a 6 or above, they might struggle being 'dark' and panic and want to go lighter immediately (!) so I err on the side of caution and drop no lower than a 6/7 initially.
In which case, you only need to add some copper/gold (orange/yellow) tones back in.

If you're confident they want to have a darker root (especially if they're naturally a 5 or lower) then, add extra copper/red to your tint mix (depending on the instructions for the colour house you are using).

I'd probably use 3-4 colours and do a soft melt balayage so that it blends more naturally.

Thank you, that's all really helpful!

It depends on your client. I've learnt that it's always worth spending time on the consultation, especially if it's a new client.
For instance, if they're naturally about a 6 or above, they might struggle being 'dark' and panic and want to go lighter immediately (!) so I err on the side of caution and drop no lower than a 6/7 initially.
In which case, you only need to add some copper/gold (orange/yellow) tones back in.

If you're confident they want to have a darker root (especially if they're naturally a 5 or lower) then, add extra copper/red to your tint mix (depending on the instructions for the colour house you are using).

I'd probably use 3-4 colours and do a soft melt balayage so that it blends more naturally.
How do you do a balayage without lightener? Will it not bleed into each section if it's tint? Are you still free handing in largish sections are taking small slices in foils and painting a v?

Have a look at some YouTube videos for balayage colour melt.
It's about careful sectioning, choosing the right colours and blending them using a smudging technique.

Any ideas what colour shades you would use?

I used 5/01 and /34 in Wella colour touch for the roots.

This was the before and after, she wanted the brown quite far down:

Attachments

• 7ABEBB39-7932-4566-8697-C083B82464AC.jpg
    7ABEBB39-7932-4566-8697-C083B82464AC.jpg
    934.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back