Best way to do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
A new customer has sent me this picture asking for this at her appointment.
I use gelish. How would be best? I have Dannys little helper and black shadow. Would you do gold first and then black on top and carve it out? I'm not sure how thick my gold is if placing it on top of black?
I do have striping tape but not used it yet and thinking it'll be hard to get this neat?
What would you do? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1378741316839.jpg
    1378741316839.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 442
I'd do the gold first and cure personally and then lay striping tape down and then do the black, cure and then remove and tio

Oh my flipping heck good luck. Please post pics when your finished.

I'd do it the exact same way as Maz said above. striping tape will give nice crisp lines. I don't think it's as difficult as it appears at all. Tape will make it super easy!

The middle he was done with striping tape, it will stick happily and then paint carefully in the gaps, cure and if need be do it again, remember not ti do it to thick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 375
I'm just worried as black shadow normally needs 3 coats. Would you do a couple and then remove the tape?
also does it not create a slightly edge sticking up where the tape was? Could you lightly file this before applying top coat?

No I wouldn't file and I wouldn't remove the tape until your happy with the colour, the tio will fill the gaps so don't worry.

Brill will attempt later when kids go to bed before first client!

Tried with stripping tape and it was a disaster on the samples so went freehand today. This is the result. Gold doesn't show up well in pic but it was brighter in real life.

Attachments

• 1379158774197.jpg
    1379158774197.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 283
Tried with stripping tape and it was a disaster on the samples so went freehand today. This is the result. Gold doesn't show up well in pic but it was brighter in real life.

They look fantastic!

They look really good!! I know you said they showed up fine but For future reference if you think a colour won't show up use white first, then when you out the colour on you see the true brightness :)

Laura💋

I would use black then a gold acrylic paint to draw the design on with x

I would do the gold and cure then do the black and carve the lines out before curing xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I would do the gold and cure then do the black and carve the lines out before curing xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Hi did try that but the gold i have has specks of glitter in so didn't give a smooth finish and the lines i carved didn't look defined enough

Latest posts

Back