Big salons offering huge discounts your views

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missymish

Reaction score
Ok today I got a text from a very reputable big chain salon. They are offering a whopping 50% discount on ALL treatments through December right up untill Christmas eve!!

To say I was worried is an understatement. Now there are many angles to this of late people have been complaining about this place not as well run etc but I know many clients are going to choose this salon on the run up over Christmas purely on price. A very good nail tech said to me the other day that she looses business every time this salon runs a stupid offer and then the following month she has to sort out bad nails!

Thankfully I have some very loyal clients booked in over the Christmas period but I know I am going to loose quite a few because of this as there is no way I can compete with the price this salon will be doing spray tans for.

Sorry for the rant just so annoyed as yet again a big chain is putting pressure on small businesses!

I do not believe her about ''stupid nails''! She must be very happy when they go to her and unhappy when they don't. :Grope:

I too today have been told about a salon not far from me offering 50% discount up until 31st December but this salon charge around £90 for a full head colour I charge £55 so the discount brings their prices nearer to the value of mine, if they charging alot for their treatments in the first place and then taking 50% off there still making profit, i don't know about anyone else but Decembers the only month out the year I would probably never put an offer on. X

Interesting... Normally salons never give any discounts in December as this is the hotest time of the year.

The treatments are about average I would say a spray tan there is usually £28 so will only be £14 in December which is mega cheap for my area.

I was shocked that they are doing it in December I do know that there standards have slipped recently but 50% of in December is utter madness!

If I was to see a salon offering 50% off in December I would just automatically think they was desperate for clients and are maybe not doing very well. This year the sales have started even earlier on the highstreets as there saying people arnt buying as much, looks like some salons are doing the same, I put an offer on in November for 25% off for a month and that was enough for me, if I done 50% it wouldn't be worth getting out of bed for in a morning, I suppose if the salons not doing very well they have to try and get clients in somehow. You can get a spray tan where I live for £15 so there discount price is like our average price. X

Latest posts

Back