bills bills and more bills!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
For all you's who dont know my salon has been open about 1 month now and i know it takes time but all my bills are coming in and its as if people dont realise im there! is it quiet for anyone else? ive tried a few offers but was just wondering what else i could do to promote myself that doesnt cost alot?

thanks in advance :hug:

I've been open about 6 weeks now and I've just paid my last big bill from starting up today...so demoralising you really need to do really well in your first month to cover all these costs!! I found the past few saturdays have been full to the brim but i'm just plodding along most mon-thurs so far...enough clients for bills but not for paying myself!! :)

did you do a leaflet drop? have you got a website? I got a few clients thru my website. also are you registered with 118? I have had loads of people come in and say they haven't been able to get my number from directory enquiries. We did a promotion last weekend, 25% all beauty treatments, sent out 100 cards to people who had been to the salon before and only had 3 people in. I do hair and have been busy but my beauty therapist hasn't been as busy.xxx

hi im coming to 4 months in my shop oct 12 :eek:

i would say the first month i didnt exist i had a handful of people in.. my salon phone maybe rang twice...lol...:eek:
i then cut down on staff and made my full time one part time..... and my part time one come in on saturay only.. to save cost as i was just paying for nothing..

the second was a bit better but still was still so slow... and i hated sitting there and people walking past....

my third month has been really good for us.. we have loads of recommendations on our local netmums and im covering my rent etc

but its hard and i ran at a massive loss for the first 2 months..

i did loads of leaflet drops and spent hundreds... i never got anyone from that so i stopped..we have only got known from word of mouth tbh... and i got a few people from gumtree..

netmums has been really good for us as people post about the salon... maybe add yourself there also..

ive got a facebook page and a lot of people say that does well too although so far not so good for me...

I know it's hard, but you have to be patient. On average it takes a salon around 2 years to break even.
Make sure you rebook everyone you do. Ask for their help by sending a friend.
Contact everyone you ever met and tell them you got a salon.
Pop into all the other shopkeepers and offer them a free haircut.
Search all the marketing threads on here and put the cheaper ideas into action.
Most importantly, control your costs. Keep hold of your cash.

i agree with persianista

dont spend unless you have to..

people tend to go to a salon once their mate has been etc... so it takes time

i know how hard it is..

just try to save on cost until it picks up..

Latest posts

Back