Bio Sculpture Evo 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
Has anyone used this yet? How are you finding it?

I'm interested to hear this aswell

Me too... was looking on the website today... looks good, just wondered if it was similar to other gel polishes on the market already?

We've started using this in our salon, takes 3 coats on the light green, not sure about other colours yet.
Looks the same as other gel polish x

Has anyone used this yet? How are you finding it?

I wanted to watch this being demonstrated at Pro Beauty last month, but wasn't convinced this product was any different to what's already out there to be honest.

Having said that though, their original soak off gel system is still fab.

Thanks for the info... I'm using shellac at the moment, I still use the original bio sculpture gel on a few of my clients that ask for it. I like shellac because it soaks off quicker but doesn't last as long as the bio sculpture.
Would be good to know if the new bio sculpture EVO gel lasts longer than than shellac? And how long it takes to soak the EVO gel off?
I know I'll end up ordering it soon anyway to try it for myself lol x x

I don't like it . Nothing special stick to shellac

Evo has a bottom & top coat & normally takes 3 coats of the colour to be uniform.
On our receptionist it didn't last that long but she's been decorating.

I don't know why our salon bothered.

BioSculpture & Shellac do a good job.

I'm intrigued about this product but I think for now I'll stick to the original Bio Sculpture gel!
Am I right in saying you use the Bio LED lamp to cure Evo2?

What I like about it:
Barely any smell
I find it has excellent coverage
Removes in one piece
Super shiny
Lasts 2 weeks easy

What I don't like about it:
The long neck/brush tends to holds lots of product so you have to wipe off prior to applying to make sure you're not applying too much. (Which adds to your time. This isn't a big issue, but I've noticed it.)
There seems to be some confusion about which lamp to use.
It's a bit pricey.
And I find nails still get very dried out even though it's an oxygenating base coat with vitamins. I was super bummed about this. I wouldn't mind it being pricey if nails stayed hydrated. And my clients are ideal clients, they oil every night and don't do much with their hands except type.

Let it be noted that I use all the products in the line, the nail sanitizer and their remover. The dryness issue still happens.
But, I now prefer this over Shellac. After working with Evo2, I can't handle the strong smell of Shellac and I don't like how it removes compared to Evo. I'm coming to the conclusion that gels just dry nails out. With that being said, I just recently purchased OPI strengthening gel and hope to have better results with that. I leave no stone unturned! But it get's pricey!

Hope that helps and I'd love to hear feedback from other Evo2 users.

Happy Holidays!

You can use a little oil before using the EVO Basegel. In the middle of the nail and then remove the excess with a dry cotton wipe. There should be only a very little bit of oil left on the nail.

Latest posts

Back