Bio Sculpture & Shellac profitability

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Hi Nail Geeks, I'm over from Skin geek *waves hello and at the moment I don't offer anything nail related (not even a basic mani/pedi although I am fully trained). I'm home based but thinking of opening a salon and adding nails into the business plan as they don't take up much room but I'm wondering if anyone can help with a vague idea of how popular they are so I can work out profitability. I live in an affluent area with lots of ladies who lunch IYKNIM so based on you and where you live/work can you give me an idea of how many you do per day? I know it will differ depending on area/how established you are/ etc. but I need some figures to help me in my business plan and I'm floundering. My rent on the salon will be £2000 per month (that's just the rent) so I am trying to add profitable treatments and I'm guessing the set up costs are low compared to the return. Apologies for long post!! xx

hiya, firstly good luck with your shop!

if you are trained in mani/pedi then it would be easy to start up with shellac, its been said before if you can polish you can shellac (i think there is a tad more to it than that personally).

i do both shellac and bio sculpture and have been a nail technician for 15 years. i had problems with bio to start with even after training but with shellac have had no problems at all. hoping that helps.

i wish id got shellac sooner and realised how good it is, my business wouldve grown sooner as everyone is loving it. i just wish i had charged more but as i was doing bio for a certain price i thought shellac should be cheaper (this was before i realised just how good a product it is!!)!! i live in a very affluent village where like yourself said ladies who lunch live. im glad that i have bio sculpture too for those that dont have nails suitable for shellac although have only come across one so far.

am hoping i havent waffled too much lol

register with sweet squared and get a starter pack for shellac and see how you go, then get bio later on!!

Thanks Souz, I have no problem splashing the cash for the training and kits but I would love an idea of how many you do on the 'average' day.

I'm doing a forecast with nothing to base it on! Should I estimate 1 bio/shellac per day or 10 or somewhere in between! I have nothing to base any forecasts on so even a very rough idea would be immensely helpful.

xx

How many clients will depend on what service they want, how effectively you work and what working hours you keep. How long is a piece of string LOL

For estimate purposes iwould say 1 bio and several shellac per day and ofcourse adding in toes, I have been surprised by how many people have gel or shellac toes even without having fingers done. Hth xx

Latest posts

Back