Bit of advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nk nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been offered a job in a salon on rent basis. if I decide to go for it I will be working thursday, friday and saturday (full days) renting a small space in her salon for £40 a week. All the products I use are mine and I will also have to buy a manicure table and chair, as they dont have one.

The salon is based on a very busy road. She has a few clients who already have their hair done and other beauty treatments, but currently has no nail tech working for her. So she hasn't got much of a client base for nails as she has had to turn them away. so I will have to advertise to get clients in. I will be the only nail technician working there. She is letting me use her window to put up any prices and also suggested I buy a big board and place it across the road from the shop with prices and pictures on it etc.

I currently work mobile but I know alot of my clients will not come to the salon if I started working there because they like me being mobile. So I will maybe lose a few of my own clients. However, I may make plenty more in the salon if I advertise right.

I sounds all good to me but thought I would get some advice? What do you guys think? Good oppurtunity or not? Is the rent about right or should I try negotiate?

Thank you for reading x

Hi! I think you should do it... it's the next level for you 😊 why not keep your usual clients and go see them on the other days... Who knows they may visit you there. As for £40 for those days, I think that's reasonable. Go for it. Good luck x

Yeah I didnt think of it like that. I could see my other clients on other days. Thank you x

I would be happier if you had said she had a vibrant busy business there with the treatments she offers: "A few clients" doesn't sound vibrant and busy to me.

If she is not doing nails then her clients will seldom ask for a service they do not see on the price list .... most women will be interested in nail services if you are offering the right things.

The rent sounds reasonable ... tell her you would like that 'fixed for 2 years'. In my experience, if you do not ask for a fixed rent, then as soon as she sees you hopefully getting busy, she could put up your rent without notice. Get everything in writing ... everything.

Latest posts

Back