Black to caramel colour - HELP PLEASE?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldilocks29

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Are there any colourists out there who might be able to help a befuddled extensionist?!

I've been let down last minute by a supplier and instead of the mixture of hair extension colours #1b, #6 & #12 (or #18) that my client wanted (not sure what these would be in the land of colouring?!), I've been sent all #1b (off black). There's nothing else in stock and the client need the hair by early next week so I'm left with no other option other than to colour them.

I know this isn't the number one option with extensions but wondered if anyone can give me some advice on the best way to do this without trashing the hair?

The hair is 100% human, Virgin Brazilian in a Natural / Body wave type texture (not permed). 3/4 of it is in loose bulk (i.e a cut off ponytail) and the remainder is on a machine weft. I'm going to tip it myself ready for installation with micro rings. Know that I can't get colour on the bonds so wondered whether it's best to colour before or after tipping with keratin?

I have an account with Sally so can get hold of most of the usual paraphernalia needed for colouring, bleaching etc. Client would like majority to stay off black (i.e natural state) with some caramel / honey and soft slightly lighter blonde highlights.

Any help at all would be MAHOOOOOOSIVELY appreciated! :lol:

Love and hugs xxx

Latest posts

Back