Blackheads and big pores

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
Hi All!

I love all these avatars they are so cute.

I would like to go for a facial or an affordable treatment for my skin to make it look great. How much is a chemical peel? Could you suggest a facial or product range? I have been for facials before but wondering if there is anything I should look for as far as a treatment for blackheads goes.

I have many blackheads (especially on my nose which are quite embedded) and big pores on my face.
Developed mild acne in my early twenties and am currently on Diannette for it, so the pimples have cleared.

Going on sunny holiday in a few weeks, when should I go for the treatment?

Any advice guys?

I would imagine that most people would recommend the particular brand that they use professionally.:) Your best bet would be to ring round a few of your local salons and see what they can offer you.

Most ranges will offer a speicalised facial for congested skin but not everywhere will offer facial peels.

They may also recommend a course of treaments too to provide longer term benefits.

Let us know how you get on.:hug:

I really love Mario Badescu Silver powder but im not sure if itshttp://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...l&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=available&spell=1 available in London stores :irked:.

With repeat use my blackheads are nearly gone my pores are smaller and some pimples/congestion has slightly lessened. It wont work the first time you use it, i used it 4 times to see any change. I put some on my black heads (mostly my nose) and take it off 10minutes later with witch hazel (its really hard to get off) have a hot shower and they normally just pop out if i have some still there i use a biore pore strip. HTH

Optimum pureness facial by Academie is fantastic for congested skin.

Having a course of 4 or 6 is reccommended.One a week for at least 4 weeks,and the results are phenomenal.

Kooky on here as spoke bout Sothys and the Desquacrem product is good at "popping" out those blackheads.

However as Debs(Pure) said ring around some salons that offer peels aswell.Some wont and some will,depending on the strength.Start off with 5 or 10% glycolic and then the therapist can increase this to 15 or 30 as the treatments progress.

Nimue are famed for thier treatments.I saw a result after ONE treatment,and believe me i take some convincing:eek: :!: :green:

However Academie are bringing out a new AHA treatment which is 10 or 15% and what from ive been told by therapists in France is that the feedback is positive.

I know theres much to choose from,but we ve hoped we ve helped in some way.

Give Hyperion a call on 0113 275 5719 to put you in touch with a salon in your area.

Been reading around that Mario Badescu Silver Powder sounds fab, will prob order on net cos i dont think il be going to ireland anytime soon.

Walked around yesterdayl, got brochures from salons. Found a facial that looks fabulous for congested skin.

Thanks for your help :green:

Been reading around that Mario Badescu Silver Powder sounds fab, will prob order on net cos i dont think il be going to ireland anytime soon.

Walked around yesterdayl, got brochures from salons. Found a facial that looks fabulous for congested skin.

Thanks for your help :green:

What is it?

Latest posts

Back