Bleach Blonde to Copper Rush - Advice needed on prepigmentation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkington

Reaction score
Hi all,

I could really do with some advice! I currently have bleach blonde hair, it's a creamy yellow colour, I did it myself aiming for white blonde which I then intended to put a silver toner over the top. It didn't work and I then spent over £50 for my hairdresser to apply four different toners, over the space of a week, none of which made much difference.
I was also told at the time if I want to do anything different with my hair I could only take it a lot darker. So I've waited a few weeks to make my mind up whether it's something I definitely want to do and I've decided I want to go red. Had a consulation at a different hairdressers yesterday and she told me she would need to put a prepigment colour on first and then the colour over the top. But she quoted me £75 and after spending £50 basically doing nothing to my hair it's really not something I can afford right now.
I was just wondering whether this might be something I can do myself. She showed me some sample colours and going from the number at the top of the one I chose I know I need a goldwell topchic 7KB copper rush tube and I'm guessing they also use Goldwell System Pre-Pigmentation Tubes in either red, gold or copper. I take it I would need copper?
Is it just as simple as putting the prepigment colour on for a certain amount of time and then washing it out, drying my hair and then putting the colour on? Or is there more to it than that? Any advice you can give would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,

Carly

The answer is no.

Go to a reputable salon, known for their colour correction and they'll be able to help you. But £75 for this service is a great price!

You risk damaging your hair irreparably (sp?) by attempting this. Leave it to the pro's!!! Or go to the local college, they often need models and they will love a correction like this. Good luck x

hear hear kim my thoughts exactly!!

Thank you! I should learn from my mistakes never to colour my hair myself but I always have this voice in the back of my head saying you can do it!! Must learn not to listen to the voices in my head lol!!!

Last edited:
But...I know it's likely that the colour will need redoing quite often at first as it will fade pretty quickly, is it still not advisable to just use the Goldwell Topchic 7KB on my hair myself?

I wouldn't advise ever trying to colour your hair. yes that shade is ideal for you now, but who knows what colour your hair will fade to, so it may be a different colour that suits you next time. we are constantly altering colours for clients depending on fade, etc. Best to go to a salon, unless you want another hair disaster!!! Or again, go to the college. xx

I agree with kim, get it done at a reputable salon or college, rather than trying to do it yourself and ending up spending a lot more money on getting corrected than you would have done in the first place x

Latest posts

Back