Bleach hair - orange roots! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beki89uk

Reaction score
Hi, I've come over from the beauty side. I don't no where to start really but I'm all over blonde, I get my roots bleached every 5 weeks and they use a toner. I keep getting orange roots, although it looks fine in the salon when I get home it's orange. The last few times it's seems as if it's only one side of my head that orange and the other is white (which is what I want - white) I've been back a few times to say its not right and the girl puts more bleach and one side and it seems to even it out. The bleach initially is on for the maximum, is it my hair that's a problem or is the girl just don't doing it right? I have no idea about hair but it's seriously starting to frustrate me. The girl is lovely and I lover her doing my hair otherwise she's a star I don't know if I'd trust anyone else but she's just not getting the colour right and im sick of ringing complaining and going back! I just don't know what to do??

Hi, I've come over from the beauty side. I don't no where to start really but I'm all over blonde, I get my roots bleached every 5 weeks and they use a toner. I keep getting orange roots, although it looks fine in the salon when I get home it's orange. The last few times it's seems as if it's only one side of my head that orange and the other is white (which is what I want - white) I've been back a few times to say its not right and the girl puts more bleach and one side and it seems to even it out. The bleach initially is on for the maximum, is it my hair that's a problem or is the girl just don't doing it right? I have no idea about hair but it's seriously starting to frustrate me. The girl is lovely and I lover her doing my hair otherwise she's a star I don't know if I'd trust anyone else but she's just not getting the colour right and im sick of ringing complaining and going back! I just don't know what to do??

Is she continuing just doing the same every time after you've complained every time? If she is it's definitely time for a new hairdresser! Without knowing what she's applyingbetc it's hard to say exactly what's going wrong. Mite be worth finding a salon that has a good rep for colour! ;)

Perhaps she should start with the "orange side" first next time, it may need a little longer to develop. Also, What products are you using on it?
And - strange question alert- is the orange side the side that you sleep on? If so, what colour are your pillow cases. Sounds strange I know but ive seen bleached hair absorb pigment from all sorts of places before :eek:
xxx

Latest posts

Back