I’m around a Level 4 with roots trying to get a level 10.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbiebelive1

Reaction score
I’m a level 4 -5 with my roots. I’m trying to bleach my roots to keep my hair updated and I want to figure out how to do my own powder and developer mix at home. My hair also turns yellow or a very light orange when I bleach it. What are your thoughts?

I’m a level 4 -5 with my roots. I’m trying to bleach my roots to keep my hair updated and I want to figure out how to do my own powder and developer mix at home. My hair also turns yellow or a very light orange when I bleach it. What are your thoughts?
What are you trying to achieve?

Hi,
If you are getting orangey tones then it's not lifted enough. If you want a level 10 with ashy tones, you would need to be lifted to the palest yellow, then tone with ash/violet.
If your hair is difficult to lift, it may need lifted twice, but if you are not a professional this would probably not be a good idea. In fact, you should probably be seeing a professional anyway (sorry I'm assuming you are not) for that amount of lift.
Lifting that amount I always go low and slow - my go to is Schwarzkopf Blondeme with 20 vol and always with Olaplex.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back