Bleaching hair 12 months after all burnt off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah1991

Reaction score
Just for a bit of background, in June last year I had back to back bleach foils with infinie bleach and god knows what strength peroxide. The stylist overlapped majorly, to cut a long story short she burnt my long-Bob hair off to 1.5 CENTIMETRES with a few wisps left of my actual length. She told me it was my own fault for asking for foils and I received a string of abusive messages from the salon owner (her boyfriends mum who isn't even a trained hairdresser!)

As much as i tried not to, and to reason with myself as it is "only hair" and at least I had my health, I sunk into a depression to the point where I cancelled holidays and would have panic attacks about even getting out of the car to go to work (I'm a beauty therapist) I had been wearing wigs, custom made top closures and wigs until November when my roots were long enough to have a full head of "hair in recovery" Racoon hair extensions by a stylist I trust.

I have booked to go to Las Vegas in May with my boyfriend as we have both had a terrible year. At the beginning of May I will have a whole new head of Racoon extensions and my stylist has said I can have my hairline and top section coloured (my roots will be to my ears by then) I am SO EXCITED having not touched my hair with bleach for nearly a year after having my roots done platinum blonde every 8 weeks for 10 years!! This has been a big change for me and I can't wait to go back to the old me again!

Sorry this has been so long but I'm looking for recommendations on your opinions on what is

1 - An effective yet gentle bleach suitable for scalp application, that can be used with olaplex.

2 - A non - peroxide toner for white platinum.

Obviously my hair stylist will have an idea but I wanted to ask to see other opinions. I hope it is ok for me to post in this section.

Thank you for any help you can offer X

Loreal platinium. The one in the glass jar. It's amazing used with olaplex. I can't ever imagine what you must have felt like. Hair is like a security blanket. Xx

Sorry to hear your hair disaster story....
No comment on the 'hairdresser' who did it.....but please do not tar us all with the same brush!!

Why are you still wanting to bleach your hair?
Have you considered a more subtle/gentle form of lightening....like a balayage?
There are many excellent products available...Infinie, USED CORRECTLY....is one of them.
Chemicals used by numpties will inevitably end in tears!:oops:

Platinium by L'oreal is a non-ammonia hair lightener.
L'oreal also have ammonia-free, acid based toners in their DIA-LIGHT colour range.

Seek the advice of a competent colourist, and they will be able to give you options based on your hairs current condition.:)

Seriously let the stylist pick what's needed for the job, if you go recommending products just because we told you it's the best thing they might use that not knowing how to properly use it! Trust in the stylists knowledge

Just for a bit of background, in June last year I had back to back bleach foils with infinie bleach and god knows what strength peroxide. The stylist overlapped majorly, to cut a long story short she burnt my long-Bob hair off to 1.5 CENTIMETRES with a few wisps left of my actual length. She told me it was my own fault for asking for foils and I received a string of abusive messages from the salon owner (her boyfriends mum who isn't even a trained hairdresser!)
Thank you for any help you can offer X

Normally, I wouldn't say this but....I hope you sued the salon after that disaster?
You have a genuine case and you've got up to 6 years from when it occurred to lodge a complaint.

Incompetent hairdressers really should be banned from working with the public as they give everyone else a bad name.

This is one of the downsides of lack of regulation. :(

Any on the scalp bleach can be used with olaplex. I prefer Joico vero lights creme lightener for this. Also do a stand alone treatment before and after

Latest posts

Back