Blending formulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanm

Reaction score
Hi, I have been a hairdresser for many years but have never ventured out of my comfort zone, I turn so much work away as I do not want to attempt anything until I fully understand it, a quick example when I do a root smudge on highlighted hair I use a cool tone for the roots and I stick to the cool tone for the highlights as I worry that when I go in to blend if it was a warm root tone it would affect the result of the highlighted area. I really want to have a go at all the beautiful styles and colours and have a queue of my daughters' friends who are willing to let me practise, my daughter said she will wait until last 😄 I use Wella all of the time and would love to try out the Shinefinity range. I watch hundreds of hours of videos to learn techniques, so I am happy with that I really just want to feel comfortable when smudging all these formulas together. Thank you for reading and any help will be very much appreciated.
Susan xxxx

Hi, I have been a hairdresser for many years but have never ventured out of my comfort zone, I turn so much work away as I do not want to attempt anything until I fully understand it, a quick example when I do a root smudge on highlighted hair I use a cool tone for the roots and I stick to the cool tone for the highlights as I worry that when I go in to blend if it was a warm root tone it would affect the result of the highlighted area. I really want to have a go at all the beautiful styles and colours and have a queue of my daughters' friends who are willing to let me practise, my daughter said she will wait until last 😄 I use Wella all of the time and would love to try out the Shinefinity range. I watch hundreds of hours of videos to learn techniques, so I am happy with that I really just want to feel comfortable when smudging all these formulas together. Thank you for reading and any help will be very much appreciated.
Susan xxxx
Depending on the shades you choose blending a warm with a cool shade essentially will create something natural. Which will help with the transition from one time to the other.
If someone is willing for you to "practice " take the opportunity.
You could even do it the other way around. Push the boat out 😉 do a cool root smudge and then blend it in to a warmer blonde shade - will give lots of dimension.
For example: roots :- 6/1
Ends : 9:38

Or do natural tone root with lighter natural toner..
For example: roots :- 7/0
Ends:- 10/0
If you'd feel more comfortable not practicing on someone's head. Invest in some blonde extensions to practice your technique on. Tapes are easy to work with for this

Depending on the shades you choose blending a warm with a cool shade essentially will create something natural. Which will help with the transition from one time to the other.
If someone is willing for you to "practice " take the opportunity.
You could even do it the other way around. Push the boat out 😉 do a cool root smudge and then blend it in to a warmer blonde shade - will give lots of dimension.
For example: roots :- 6/1
Ends : 9:38

Or do natural tone root with lighter natural toner..
For example: roots :- 7/0
Ends:- 10/0
If you'd feel more comfortable not practicing on someone's head. Invest in some blonde extensions to practice your technique on. Tapes are easy to work with for this
Hi thank you so much for your advice and ideas I am definitely going to give those a try and going to order Tapes and have a play around with some formulas. x

Latest posts

Back