Blonde colour correction-khaki!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah7898

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can help!
Have a client who has been having her hair 12.22 and bleach highlights for 20 years, she is a base 6.0. I use Clynol.
A couple of weeks ago she sent me a pic of a darker blonde, with almost coppery tones!! I know this client would freak out if her hair was coppery, she's the type of client who always says 'as long as it's not ginger' we all have them haha.
Anyway I sent her a pic of a colour that I said would be more achievable and we could work towards her original pic.
She said was fine and I did her hair about a week later.
I did some foils with bleach 3%, and 8.03 3%. I then prepigged with gold and tinted 7.0 and 7.4 in between.
It took quite well especially on the 1inch virgin roots but as I thought she said it was brown and too dark! So I out a few more fine bleach highlights through. She says she hates it and that her ends are sludgy and ashy. The pics show this isn't really the case, but I want to keep her happy!
So can anyone give advice on what to run through the ends? I was thinking maybe 9.3 or 9.4? Would love advice as I'm freelance!

First pic is her hair before.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414225279.357075.jpg

This is what she sent-
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414225297.218431.jpg

This is what I suggested-
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414225314.720817.jpg

This is finished result!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414225325.743155.jpg

Thanks for any advice x

Also- not sure if I should charge for the extra colour or not?!

Simple Rule:

If you made a mistake - you correct free of charge

If you gave the client the colour she originally asked for but she has now changed her mind - she pays full price!

I know what you mean, but I'm still not sure as I did say it would take a few treatments before we get to desired colour and I did try to get the colour warm enough first try but obviously it didn't work as well as if hoped!
Will probably do free this time, as I'm only going to put some extra warm tones through the ends.
On a Sunday evening as it's the only time I'm free 👎

Can anyone advise?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the colour! X

Looks like a 7.5 to me?

Maybe pre pig with gold then use that, the pic isn't great really.

Latest posts

Back