Blonde correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie86

Reaction score
Hi,
Not been on here in a while but I'vejust done my friend's hair and need some advice. She is blonde and put a temporary pale purple colour on about a month ago, when that started fading she put a Pixie Lott silver colour on top and it turned green. It wasn't actually too bad but it isn't nudging at all. I've just done her a peroxide rinse followed by a full head of bleach highlights and it's still quite green, it doesn't seem to have touched it really, just a slightly lighter colour. Is there anything I can use to lift or tone it that won't damage her hair too much? I only used 6% because she has very fine hair which is prone to snapping.

Tia

Use bleach 10 vol with olaplex

If not using olaplex use bleach 5 vol

Leave on for 35-45 mins

That green! Honestly was the bain of my life for about 3-4 months!! Couldn't belive when I watched one of guy tangs videos and he said to get the colour out to use the formula above I was like FFS lol!! But it worked!! Come out a lovely white blonde!! Xx

I'm guessing she used a direct dye for the purple and not an oxidising tint. The silver would have likely had a blue base to it too and blue + yellow hair = green.
Assuming it was a direct dye she used, you can't use bleach to remove it as it will simply cause it to stain the cuticle layer and then you're stuck with it.
You can usually try using a clear tint plus 6% to remove a direct dye but this won't do much once you've stained it.

You're only option now is to cut it or neutralise/cover it.

I haven't seen the video referred to above but I wonder if it's Olaplex No.2 he uses as that doesn't mix well with direct dyes?

Aahh
I'm guessing she used a direct dye for the purple and not an oxidising tint. The silver would have likely had a blue base to it too and blue + yellow hair = green.
Assuming it was a direct dye she used, you can't use bleach to remove it as it will simply cause it to stain the cuticle layer and then you're stuck with it.
You can usually try using a clear tint plus 6% to remove a direct dye but this won't do much once you've stained it.

You're only option now is to cut it or neutralise/cover it.

I haven't seen the video referred to above but I wonder if it's Olaplex No.2 he uses as that doesn't mix well with direct dyes?

I get that ^ when I put Directions purple on my client it is a blue base, and yes faded mint green tint ... but after 2 attempts to get rid of it went to cover it with highlights as wasnt sure another attempt with bleach would get rid of it so we decided to go darker and used 5.52 olaplex and used olaplex no.1 with bleach 10vol and I could honestly have hit myself should have just done the bleach 10 vol all over as now the blonde was a lovely white blonde and i had a pinky 7... going all the way though!

Now have to wait till it fades out as much as possible to do something with it next time!

Latest posts

Back