Blonde extensions turning light orange help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vixenn

Reaction score
Hi,

Could any one please help me a client has contacted me with pics to say her blonde extensions have started turning a gingery orange which I can see they have. Can anyone suggest a toner or shampoo she could use to get them bk to blonde again??

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

Emma

Po1 Lou colour, it's a toner and helps neutralise warm tones, also maybe silver shampoo

Hi,

Could any one please help me a client has contacted me with pics to say her blonde extensions have started turning a gingery orange which I can see they have. Can anyone suggest a toner or shampoo she could use to get them bk to blonde again??

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

Emma

I had this with a batch of blonde from additional lengths, it was there double drawn too. they were most unhelpful with it and Very quick to blamed the clients aftercare.(and never got back to me again as promised)
After some research i found out that this can happen when hair is incorrectly coloured at source and there for is inferior (it happened to this lady on holiday) so a mixture of sun sea and swimming pools obviously stripped hair of the tone they had used. She had coated hair and done everything as she should have done so when she came home i used milkshake 901 on her and all was fine( but you have to watch as it turns quickly) The condition of the hair was good still, as i am aware salt water and such can dry it out but untill this had happened i never knew it could turn it orange/pink. I don't use them anymore to supply hair and apart from a couple of miss matches in colour untill this i had never had a problem. hope this helps you a bit

Hi thanks for the replies, the client has had her extensions in for almost 3 months so I'm inclined to think its something that's been done to the hair instead of the quality of the hair itself (it was glamorous lengths hair)
Is milkshake a hair colourant? I suggested the client pop into a salon for colouring advice as I'm not trained in colour, should I have offered to fix it for her?? I feel bad as felt as though I couldn't help her as much as I wanted to but I'm just not trained in colour at all and would have hated to make the situation any worse :-/ xx

Hi thanks for the replies, the client has had her extensions in for almost 3 months so I'm inclined to think its something that's been done to the hair instead of the quality of the hair itself (it was glamorous lengths hair)
Is milkshake a hair colourant? I suggested the client pop into a salon for colouring advice as I'm not trained in colour, should I have offered to fix it for her?? I feel bad as felt as though I couldn't help her as much as I wanted to but I'm just not trained in colour at all and would have hated to make the situation any worse :-/ xx

At the end of the day if she's had them in 3 months its likely to be her after car. Has she used the shampoo they recommend? If she bought some at the beginning then at 3 months she's probably run out and not bought anymore. X

Latest posts

Back