Blonde on grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leighsian

Reaction score
Hiya, I am getting back in to hairdressing after a big break due to my son's special needs..
I have mainly been doing highlights for friends and family... none of them have grey hair. I have client tomorrow who is around 75% grey and she has about 2 inches of root and the rest is really light. She said that her previous hairdresser did a mixture of bleach highlights and tint, what colour tint do you think would be best to cover the grey with out it looking brassy? She said that her previous hairdresser did half a head and then roots with 9.1 tint, I only have 8.1 and 10.1 so will mix the two to create the 9.1.. would you place the highlights then tint the roots including between foil packets or just do full foils 2 bleach to one tint? ( I'm feeling like maybe throwing a 3rd slightly darker tint to break up her colour.).

Hiya, I am getting back in to hairdressing after a big break due to my son's special needs..
I have mainly been doing highlights for friends and family... none of them have grey hair. I have client tomorrow who is around 75% grey and she has about 2 inches of root and the rest is really light. She said that her previous hairdresser did a mixture of bleach highlights and tint, what colour tint do you think would be best to cover the grey with out it looking brassy? She said that her previous hairdresser did half a head and then roots with 9.1 tint, I only have 8.1 and 10.1 so will mix the two to create the 9.1.. would you place the highlights then tint the roots including between foil packets or just do full foils 2 bleach to one tint? ( I'm feeling like maybe throwing a 3rd slightly darker tint to break up her colour.).
If she's had a root application of colour before, I would continue with this if she doesn't want to change the colour.

If she's had a root application of colour before, I would continue with this if she doesn't want to change the colour.
Thank you xx

Latest posts

Back