Blondme Steel blue shadow root help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndigoBlue

Reaction score
I have achieved the desired platinum with shadow root using Blue Steel on the roots and Ice on the midlengths and ends on a full head bleach client using 3% with Blondme toners.

I am trying to achieve the same look on natural white hair using 6% with the same recipe but I’m not getting the depth of colour on the roots.

Any advice?

Here is a photo of the pre lightened colour I am trying to achieve on natural white.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510441002.184014.jpg

Have you tried the silver whites?

I have thought about trying them but unfortunately the colour range is more grey than blue.

When working with a high percentage of white hair, you normally need to add extra base to your formula or a specially formulated double base.

Steel blue is the tone I’d like and still translucent rather than a solid colour so I don’t want to mix in a base shade. I might mix the silver whites with the Steel blue,I’m just disappointed that is was pearly rather than steel blue.

8.11 royal on wet hair for 10 mind at the root? I don’t think the pic above looks very blue?

10.2 essesity?

Thanks,blues and purples always alter on my iPhone :-/ Yes,I think it’ll be trial and error,I’ll keep trying formulas.

I got given a formula for denim blue from Schwarzkopf but I don’t know how blue it is it’s 10 parts 10.1 to one part 1.1

Thank you for passing that on! My concern would be that it would be a bit too opaque for the look I am after-but I will experiment with it on swatches. [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back