Body Contour Wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2Beauty

Reaction score
Hi,
Im thinking of having Body Contour Wraps as a new treatment in my Salon,ive
done some research into Universal body contour wraps and they seem good?
Do they actually work and are are clients really interested in this as a treatment?!
My beauty therapist seems to think so!
Thanks

errrrm yes it gets the results that it claims but I am still skeptical to it being long lasting inch loss!

Its a popular treatment and like I said done right the results are good.

However..... Its blinking messy as! You wrap the client in 20 odd bandages, if for example you do 2-3 a day thats 40-60 bandages to take home and wash (if like me you dont have a washer in the salon!).

You then have to dry the bandages and roll them them all back up and trim the elastic that comes out of them before your next treatment. I had a couple of juniors that did it for me but the washing/drying etc was a nightmare.

Also the blue suits need to be wiped down, then you use a lot of towels, and the mud heater can create quite a bit of mess.

Plus sides, the clients like to achieve the inch loss, and its very profitable, it also gains alot of PR so you can attract clients from the media attention!

Thats the only system I used, so couldnt compare it to any others sorry!

I've had this done and i lost 7 inches WOW. It took about 11/2 hrs. I had this done for my hols but soon gained the 7 inches within 3 weeks as it's only water you loose. I was bored sitting in the room be myself wrapped up like a mummy in a boiler suit (hard to image) so if you were thinking of doing it a TV would be nice to pass the time away or music.

Depending on the wrap instructions, your clients could just wear a dressing gown/blankets.

I have had my bandages years, and they are still going strong.

One of my clients has had this, we were talking about it the other night. She said it made a slight difference but only lasted 24 hours or so for her; as soon as she drank plenty of fluids it all came back. So OK for a special party I guess but probably not to aid weight loss. hth x

On the training you ae told that the mud used draws out toxins from fat cells and the binding from the bandages compacts fat cells.

I still think its water loss too, but I got great results with my clients. Universal contour wrap put loads of guarantees on there PR and i cant remember off the top of my head the exact guarantees but its along the lines of, if the client doesnt lose a minimum of 6 inches all over they get the treatment free, and if those 6 inches dont remain off for a week (i think) they get their money back, however very very few clients will come back to be re-measured.

Kate

We have Conture Wrap in our salon and its fab...this treatment is keeping us very busy..the men seem to like it as much as the ladies......our clients watch DVDs, herbal tea is on offer too...we have 2 washing machines and you don't dry the bandages between clients, they are loosely rolled up and submerged in the clay tank as soon as they come out of the machine....I have become an expert in rolling them up lol...
We have a pretty good routine and there are always bandages ready for a wrap.. Messy yes it can be, but as they say where there is muck there is money lol.........
The larger the lady the larger the inch loss, we weigh and measure our clients before the treatment, calculate the inch loss after the second lot of measurements. We guarantee our inch loss for 30 days, this is as long as they haven't gone and pigged out and gained weight.....if they have been good and it hasn't stayed off, then we wrap them up again for free.... So far in the 18 months we have offered this, we have never had to do this....

HTH

Thanks for all the info,i think we'll end up going with Universal Contour Wraps (mostly because its the only one i can find with a lot of information!)
I actually want one myself now!:)

Latest posts

Back