Body Contouring - training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi, I have been spray tanning for almost 5mths now and really enjoying it with quite a lot of regulars.
I am looking into doing a few new courses in the new year and was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that trains in the body contouring where you learn how to make people look leaner with the spray tan.

Anyone know of anywhere that does this? I have tried searching on here and googling, but not getting much luck.
Would prefer it to be in Scotland if possible :hug:

Thanks,

Jen x

Am pretty sure number1kitty on here does it. Maybe you could send her a pm

Thanks, I'll probably do that. Don't think it will be in Scotland though. I'm going to check with the vani-T rep as well to see if she knows anywhere to do it.
Thanks x

Anyone else know of anyone who trains in this?

Anyone else know of anyone who trains in this?

Hi Jen,
you are unfortunately going to be fairly limited on companies/individuals that do this kind of training.....its not that popular here compared to say the U.S.

The thing is it really isn't that difficult and with some practice and experimentation im convinced you can get the hang of it.

You ideally will need a small airbrush unit however you can also create the effect with an HVLP machine...less defined but never the less can work.

There are many ways and different approaches therapists take ..one such is to using a higher % concentrate than your customer would normally take simply "pencil" in the contours you wish to accentuate.

Simply then apply the usual DHA concentrate to the entire body as usual.

You can do this procedure either way round also however I do prefer to do the initial higher % outlining first as its far easier to see where you are initially highlighting.....it really doesn't matter that much either way.

Try and be realistic with this though...someone with say a large belly is going to look ridiculous with the contours of a 6 pack sprayed on them:eek:

What you need to consider is that where you are highlighting is the area below or above where say the muscle is that your trying to fake...your effectively trying to create the look of a shadow below where the muscle would be.

Sounds complicated but its really just about "having a go" on family and or friends...experiment with one feature at a time rather than trying to fake an entire body and remember to be realistic with the limitations of what you can do with some customers physique and with the spray tan solution you are using.

Give it a go :hug:

Thanks for answering Collin. Yeah, starting to realise it isn't terribly popular from the response so far lol.
Quite a few of my clients are asking about the contouring and if it can make them look generally thinner. They are all female so thinking more about legs, tummy possibly face/chin etc. Not as defined as 6-packs, so wouldn't probably need to be so accurate.
I understand that you darken areas you want to hide and highlight areas you want to show, but have no idea how to do that lol.
I will have a play about and see what I can manage to do using the higher dha to darken areas.
Thanks Collin :hug:

Jen x

St Tropez do it. They are going to come and train in my salon in the new year. They have done it for years and I know they use it on a lot of their celebrity clients.

I said to my rep I might spray tan my boyfriend and give him a six pack lol.

Sarah x:lol:

St Tropez do it. They are going to come and train in my salon in the new year. They have done it for years and I know they use it on a lot of their celebrity clients.

I said to my rep I might spray tan my boyfriend and give him a six pack lol.

Sarah x:lol:

The Vani-T rep I have used to work for St Tropez, so will definately ask her then as she will probably know.

Thanks for that Sarah, and good luck with that six pack :) xx

I agree with Collin and there is a lot you can do with shading using a HVLP machine. There needs to be something there to work with if you want to seriously contour. I think what you are really after is the shading technique which isn't that complicated as Collin has explained. Most spray tanning companies with good training can teach you this, we offer training in Glasgow if you're interested.

Good luck either way!

I agree with Collin and there is a lot you can do with shading using a HVLP machine. There needs to be something there to work with if you want to seriously contour. I think what you are really after is the shading technique which isn't that complicated as Collin has explained. Most spray tanning companies with good training can teach you this, we offer training in Glasgow if you're interested.

Good luck either way!

Thanks, I will check with my rep first but have pm'ed you x

Latest posts

Back