Booking mobile clients through text or Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiancé was ready to reach for him! But I told him to get in line behind me! I know 14!! He should be busy with his home work, the photos I had up on my fb page he said were offensive to him (they were of a woman on a bikini getting tanned) lol don't worry it's a small town I live in so i will catch up
With him one day. Revenge will be mine lol

Haha revenge obviously Infront of lots of his friends and possibly girlfriend, oooo I could imagine what I would say 😊
I'm sure the images he googles are far worse than a woman in a bikini!!!
Thanks everyone for responses, still a bit torn but I suppose if it's someone on fb then you can check out profiles etc to a certain extent.

I prefer to take booking via text/email/Facebook for 3 reasons.

1-if it's written in black and white and the client gets the time wrong or tries to say they wanted more/less at an appointment than they ask for I have the booking to refer to.
2-I live in an area that can have very intermittent mobile service, so calls drop out or reception is awful, I find conversations hampered by this sort of problem unprofessional.
3-I am partially deaf, so not great on the phone anyway!!

I book all my clients through Facebook as I find it easier to obtain information from them as I don't want to miss hear their address etc. So yes I find it much easier because I can always go back to the message to double check things. Also you have proof of anything they say such as giving you the wrong address or accusing you of having the wrong appointment time. I also like to send them a generic 'pre-treatment' advice paragraph which is useful for the client and for them to have it in writing.

One thing I will say that is EXTREMELY annoying, is that even though I say 'If you want to cancel, or change something about your appointment please contact me by this number #### as I wont be on Facebook when I am working'.

Of course, NO ONE follows this rule lol!! I get cancellations or changes to the appointments 4 hours before someones appointment which is useless to me as by that time I am already out doing other treatments on people.

I've noticed I have nearly no cancellations anymore due to an attitude change I had. Once I started giving off the impression that I was in demand and did not tolerate cancellations after the 24 hour period, people seemed to stop cancelling. funny that lol! Even if you have just started and aren't in demand you need to act like that anyway! The more successful clients think you are, the more they will want your service!

just because someone calls rather than texts doesn't make them any less of a time waster, if that is their intention. Do what feels right for you. If i get a male client that i don't know for a mobile visit i call my husband as soon as i get there- in front of the client- to confirm i have arrived safely and reiterate the address i am at. If you are not comfortable turning up a man's house whom you don't know, state that you only treat male clients upon recommendation from someone else that can 'vouch ' for them. The beauty of self employment is you can choose what you can and cant do (within relevant legislation of course)- do what feels right for you. i personally have no problem booking clients through facebook, actually this is a big revenue for me. I am now based in a treatment room but have had many years of mobile and home-working and only ever had one person 'wanting extra services' via e ail, to which i politely said thankyou for your interest but i do not feel i can offer you the sevices you require, goodbye' x

Latest posts

Back