Botox?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucybeauty01

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would just like to ask you all if you know Any information about training in botox and fillers for beauty therapists?
I know of a few beauty salons that offer botox and fillers and I'm most interested on finding out how to train! (if you can at all therapist wise)

Anyone's info or knowledge on this matter would be fab!
Thanks all

Hi Hun, you need to be a Dr, Dentist or Nurse x

yes as above no exceptions:)

Thanks all, so im presuming the therapists in some of my local beauty salons are medically trained/nurses perhaps who also offer beauty therapy as an added bonus....

I couldnt really get my head around how you couldnt be medically trained to perform botox ...thanks all!

Yes, some will be qualified medics who have perhaps changed career path or either that have someone that comes into the salon to do these treatments, however, I have also heard of beauty therapists carrying out Botox but I would assume this is illegal due to not being medically qualified. X

As it has been said, you should only trust your face with botox and fillers to medical doctor, preferably a facial surgeon/dermatologist. As a therapist, I only assist the doctor. Paperwork, consultations, making the client comfortable ( holding their hand if necessary :) ) call backs to ensure they follow aftercare... Etc I wouldnt put my face in anyones hands that didnt specialize in that field.. Not meant to offend nurses/GPs/dentists that do it but just because you have access to the drug that shouldnt give you the right to cash in on the popularity

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Yes, some will be qualified medics who have perhaps changed career path or either that have someone that comes into the salon to do these treatments, however, I have also heard of beauty therapists carrying out Botox but I would assume this is illegal due to not being medically qualified. X

A medic being a Dr would be fairly unlikely to change career to be a beauty therapist, but I guess it could be possible?

I know of several nurses who have done so and some of which have kept up their registration and taken prescribers courses to enable them to offer Botulism Toxin injections and fillers etc...

It is illegal in the UK for anyone other than a registered Medical Dr, Dentist or Nurse to carry out Botulism toxin injections. Perhaps Chrysalis can confirm for me but I also believe that the nurses must undertake prescribers courses as remote prescribing is no longer allowed x

A medic being a Dr would be fairly unlikely to change career to be a beauty therapist, but I guess it could be possible?

I know of several nurses who have done so and some of which have kept up their registration and taken prescribers courses to enable them to offer Botulism Toxin injections and fillers etc...

It is illegal in the UK for anyone other than a registered Medical Dr, Dentist or Nurse to carry out Botulism toxin injections. Perhaps Chrysalis can confirm for me but I also believe that the nurses must undertake prescribers courses as remote prescribing is no longer allowed x

Hi yes you are correct that is the law in the UK and it's getting stricter :)

We do botox in our salon, but we have a lady whos a nurse practioner (along them lines lol) who comes an does them, maybe they have people come in for them xx

And shes a subscriber now too :) x

Latest posts

Back