Braided hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairehams26

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416304290.506338.jpg

I would like this done but what type of extension hair would be used?

I do these braids & I use synthetic hair. There are 2 types hot water use & burning. The hot water ones you just put the ends in hot water & it stops the plaits undoing or the burn ones are the ones that you burn the ends to seal. These are my daughters ones. I use Kanekalon jumbo for my daughters it has a slightly course kinky look & feel to it, this grips course afro/ mixed hair better . If you are Caucasian use a more silky type for a better match . The only thing I find with Caucasian hair is you sometimes get the ends of your hair poking through. I have used the kinky course hair on Caucasian hair to grip it better it just isn't the same texture or shine.

Last edited:
Wow thank you can it be done on my short hair! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416311294.952811.jpg
Also where do you get the hair from?

You can get the hair from any Afro shop & it's really cheap I will in box you the hair prices. I usually use about 4 packs on my daughter. Also lasts about 2/3 months maybe less on Caucasian hair. Depends on length of your hair all over I like at least 5 inches of hair all over. Some people can work with shorter. Make sure you go to a proper afro salon for this type of extensions. Should cost you around £70/£100 for installation unless you can find someone who does it from home then it usually cost in the region of £50/£70.

This is my youngest who wanted long plaits & blonde ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416312629.493006.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416312661.726003.jpg

Your girls are gorgeous x

Does anyone have a video or step by step they wouldn't mind sharing? And how much hair would be needed?

Does anyone have a video or step by step they wouldn't mind sharing? And how much hair would be needed?

Look on you tube there are loads of videos on there also the hair depends on how thick or thin you want the braids also your own hair thickness as you don't want the added hair being to thin or heavy fort your own hair to hold. I usually buy around 6/7 packets always best to have loads left over than not enough also hair is so cheap it doesn't matter if you have a few packets left over.

Looks lovely, how many hours take you?

I can take anything from 3 hrs to 5/6 hrs depending on length & thickness of braids. My oldest daughter I did her hair in about 4 hrs. My youngest took longer as she was having lots of breaks & also fell asleep.

I can take anything from 3 hrs to 5/6 hrs depending on length & thickness of braids. My oldest daughter I did her hair in about 4 hrs. My youngest took longer as she was having lots of breaks & also fell asleep.

Worth it tho as you don't have to do anything for ages, my daughter asks for it but my arm starts aching so the plaits start getting bigger and bigger and not neat lol and I got tangled up in a ball of fake hair lol

Thank you ladies I really want this done but no one here does it so having to improvise, where do you get the hair from have had a look at pauls hair but doesn't say how much in the packet?

Thank you ladies I really want this done but no one here does it so having to improvise, where do you get the hair from have had a look at pauls hair but doesn't say how much in the packet?

I get the hair from a Afro hair supply shop there are loads where I live.

Look on line for kanekalon jumbo hair. Esty do it & this place ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416432974.708099.jpg

Aw man! That's a blast from the past!! Me and my friends used to this on each other when we were teens! We always used the burnable hair you just melt the end and roll it

What area do u live Claire?

Wiltshire 20 miles from swindon

Aw bummer thaz quite far from me, I would have done them for you, I get my hair for this in the indoor market in Cardiff, it's really easy to do tho, I don't have any extension hair here at home I would have done a quick video for u x

Latest posts

Back