Braided hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww bless you thank you anyway I have a friend in Cardiff :)

If you do decide to buy hair go for the hot water one it seals the hair by using boiled water saves the fingers from horrible burnt fingers lol remember those days.. Have a look on you tube for box braids. The trick is to get the hair close enough to the scalp without hair slippage.

Hot water one sounds excellent, yea I lost my finger prints a few times lol

If you do decide to buy hair go for the hot water one it seals the hair by using boiled water saves the fingers from horrible burnt fingers lol remember those days.. Have a look on you tube for box braids. The trick is to get the hair close enough to the scalp without hair slippage.

How hot is the water boiling?

How hot is the water boiling?

Boil the kettle half fill a measuring jug have a towel to hand as well, then I get a good bunch of braids & place them in the jug try to get much of the braid in as possible it doesn't matter if they bend. Keep in for about 30 secs then take out this is where the towel is handy as the plaits are very hot . I just pay the hair & let loose to cool down. Once cold I might trim the ends . ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416434973.321403.jpghair before sealed & trimmed & hair sealed & trimmedImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416435012.707013.jpg

I'm doing my 16 yr old next weekend for her. I'm not going to do it in One go but might space it out over 2 days this way I still get to do what I need to do around the house & with the other kids.

Do they all stay tight then till you put them in water?

Do they all stay tight then till you put them in water?

N I get to the end of the braid i take a piece of the hair that's left like a few strands & wrap it around & pull through to make a knot at the bottom( hope that makes sense ) seal in the water then trim up to the knot or just above when hair is cold. The hair won't unravel if sealed properly. You can also tie with a small band then seal & trim.

Thanks for bringing this thread up . I love talking braids & anything afro

How long do you leave them in?

I used to leve mine in untill I had about an inch of new growth

Boil the kettle half fill a measuring jug have a towel to hand as well, then I get a good bunch of braids & place them in the jug try to get much of the braid in as possible it doesn't matter if they bend. Keep in for about 30 secs then take out this is where the towel is handy as the plaits are very hot . I just pay the hair & let loose to cool down. Once cold I might trim the ends .View attachment 79095hair before sealed & trimmed & hair sealed & trimmedView attachment 79096

Wow littlemissm you are truly talented! My good friend keeps swearing off teaching me as I can barely even french plait! Here's one we duoed on another friend of ours for a show (we used kanekalon hot water seal hair too)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416520243.230469.jpg

You know when you do patterns with the braids like that lady has, do you section out the patterns before you start?

The scalp braids I mean

You know when you do patterns with the braids like that lady has, do you section out the patterns before you start?

No I section as I go along. A lot of the patterns I do I just randomly make up as I go along. Unless it's a specific pattern they want. I have the layout in my head & just plait . Here are a few random ones I have done apart from the hearts .ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416563865.990680.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416563877.508107.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416563890.292857.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416563905.458696.jpg

Looks very pretty.

Hi......

This type of hair extension looks great and nice. I would also like to done this. Would please confirm me how much it will be cost??

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back