Brazilian Blowout

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki21

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the Brazilian Blowout? :)

I think (?) you may mean the Brazilian blowdry.

We do this in our salon and have been extremely pleased with the results so far.

It's a semi-permanent blowdry that lasts up to 4 months. The more porous your hair is the better it works.

I have been using Kerastraight KeraStraight Keratin Straightening Treatment | An Evolution in Straightening & Repair

However, I think all versions of this blowdry are pretty much the same.

Hope this helps. :)

Not sure if its the same, although it sounds very similar but its called the brazilian blowout the one I've seen. I saw it advertised in glamour mag a few months ago. I'm just doing my research as I have had the Yuko straightening done before and this was brilliant but very expensive. How much do you charge for just below the shoulders and it doesn't have formaldehyde in does it?:)

Yes I think it's the same thing. Price varies from area to area. Ours start from £135 but some start a little higher.

It's not as strong as the Yuko. It's only semi-permanent and it doesn't render your hair poker straight, you'll still have a little body in it and may still need to run the straighteners over it.

Your'e correct in saying it doesn't have any formaldehyde in it. It's more a de-frizzing, conditioning treatment that will relax and curl or wave in your hair.
The great thing about it is that as it is not permanent you don't get the curly roots, straight ends scenario as it grows out. It just gently fades out of your hair.

Thank you for your reply, I have had Extenso is it (not sure if I have spelt that right ) but wasn't very impressed with that at all. Is it similar to that do you know or better than that? I just don't want to keep using the straightners as my hair is sooooo dry from them.

Is there anyone out there who knows of any salons that do this in the Reading, Berkshire area?:cool:

Has anyone heard of the Brazilian Blowout? I have heard it is a very good treatment which lasts 2/3 months. It doesn't straighten the hair completley but smooths out. Has anyone had this done or does anyone do this in there salon? I have had Extenso is it (not sure if I have spelt that right ) but wasn't very impressed with that at all. Is it similar to that do you know or better than that? I just don't want to keep using the straightners as my hair is sooooo dry from them.

Is there anyone out there who knows of any salons that do the brazilian blowout in the Reading, Berkshire area?:cool:
progress.gif

I have been working late tonight to fit a client in for one. We have been doing them in my salon for about 6 months. It is a superb treatment, just a bit time consuming.

Same here persianista - if i'm doing it myself it takes up to 4 hours :irked:
but we've started doing the treatment in pairs with another stylist and it takes half the time for blowdrying and straightening the hair - last treatment was only 2.5 hours :)

Thanks thats good to know. I don't mind being in the chair for hours if it's good. I've had the Yuko a few times and that takes hours so don't mind at all. Its a shame you guys aren't near Reading coz I would book in. Do you know how I can find out if theres anywhere near Reading? And how much do you guys charge for this?:)

My wife's salon sells this product. I'm not sure how the publicity on it is in the UK, but they do a good job getting press in the US.

We're seeing a lot of people "trade down" from Japanese straightening to this product because it's about half the cost. It can be used on a very broad array of hair types and can be used with color. It is also formaldehyde-free and there's no 72 hour waiting time, as was the case with early iterations of keratin treatments.

Hi,

I think its a new treatment out here in the UK. I haven't seen much press about it only once in a magazine. So I am just trying to find out a little bit more about it coz I think I want this done. Your right it is cheaper than the Yuko System and I think its better for the hair isn't it?

It works by coating the hair in a "shell" of keratin. Most other straightening systems work on the inner cortex. I found that the more knackered the hair, the better the result.

Oh really! Well it would definetly work well on my hair then as its badly damaged from the good old straighteners!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back