Brazillian wax nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
Hey,

So right now I am feeling really deflated and disappointed in myself. This evening I went to see a new client who asked for lip, chin and brazillian wax which is fine. I got trained in the outback organics range so this is the wax I use for intimate waxing. The client told me she maybe sensitive as she is due on next week so I was even more aware to try an be as gentle as I could. Whilst doing the brazillian the wax was getting stuck within her hairs and I could see that I was causing a lot of discomfort for her.

After a while she told me it was ok and she would immac the rest and there was a little tiny area that had some wax left on there and I no this is normally a no no to leave any on a client but I had no choice :( I gave her an extra £5 off onto of her 10% first time client discount and if she decided to return she would receive 50% off her next treatment, as no1 should be left without their treatment not done properly.

I'm just not sure where I went wrong in terms of application or removal or if nerves just completely took over me for some reason. I'm even more upset because I have made a bad first impression which means she probably won't re book me any way and that makes me feel like a incompetent therapist.

To make things worse when I got home my wax pot had spilt over in my bag ruining so much of my strips, spatulas etc. Just such a bad evening all in all.

This is more of a rant as I can speak to those who are in the same field as me because I'm sure my friends won't understand . If anyone has any tips on the best way to do brazilian wax then please let me know.

XX

Are you trained and qualified in intimate waxing? Can you pinpoint what went wrong or when it started to go wrong?

Vic x

I was going to ask the same thing lol...did you do a qualification in intimate waxing?
Is outback organics a strip or non strip wax?

Was the hair very long...did you trim it if it was? Xx

Heya,

Yeah I am trained I wouldn't dare offer the treatment if I wasn't. I trained in January with outback organics and my part time job at a spa kinda just threw me in on clients which made me nervous but I also practised on friends at home as well.

The top area was fine and the top of the outer labia went well. It started to go wrong from then on really. in my training we was taught to end the wax where there was no hair which I was doing, but I just don't know why it was so problematic.

I wouldn't say the hair was long enough to trim to be honest.

Outback organics do both hot and strip wax but today I used the hot wax.

X

It's probably just me. I will hold off from doing this treatment for a while.

It's probably just me. I will hold off from doing this treatment for a while.

That's the worst thing to do .... Get your friend / family member and get straight back into it tomorrow or Thursday !!!! Do not hold off from it ... It'll be a nemesis else and you won't feel confident in it as that treatment will be the last memory of a Brazilian ... Get to it girl you can do it ! Xx - tough love I know you'll thank me later [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

My confidence has just been knocked especially because I know I lost a potential client but I know you are right xx

Absolutely agree, get everyone you can in for practise.

Was this your first one since training? I ask because you said you were so nervous.

Yes you should end in a hairless patch. What exactly was the problem...was the wax breaking or not coming off or were the hairs not coming out or something else? Easier to advise when you've got all the facts :) xx

The biggest problem I've had was when applying the wax, the skin kind of wrinkled underneath meaning there was a small patch of skin and hair that had no wax on it. It formed a wax 'bridge' and became impossible to remove. I was sweating, the client was in a lot of pain and I had to get the scissors out. I had to cut extremely carefully to remove the wax. It was awful. I rang Kim who I trained with and in telling her she realised what I'd done and told me to make sure the wax goes in a smooth line and if you don't have enough wax, go back for more, don't over spread it. Luckily, the client came back. I told her that I had spoken to my trainer and I'd found out where I went wrong. The client was seriously impressed that I actually cared.

This could be what happened with you, it could be something else, but if you show that client you care, it speaks volumes. Offer her a free wax.

The day that happened to me was 2 days after training and I had 2 more Brazilians that day. I hated them for that day only but I had to do them and they were fine. I now love them which sounds slightly weird!

I don't know if this had helped but please don't stop doing them. Maybe contact your trainers and see if they'll support you but get back in the saddle.

Good luck x

It wasn't my first since training but I haven't done loads but I the few I have done went fine hence why I was confident enough to do it again. I was nervous because she was my first client outside client from. Y business other than friends and family if that makes senses?

It was kinda like omg a stranger has booked with me. The more I think about it I think I should've trimmed because the hair was quite dense . The wax wasn't breaking it just simply wouldn't come off after I had flicked the edge.

I've hardly slept im so hard on myself but I was thinking to ask her for some feedback whether it's good or bad so she knows that I want to improve on my service and it is a very good idea to contact my trainer.

Thank you x

With clients that have very dense hair, I find it best to trim it quite short to avoid it all getting tangled, do smaller patches of wax and apply it slightly thicker. Hope you get your confidence back!

Well after I contacted her today to offer her a free wax and ask for any feedback she said it was the worst experience she has had and she won't ever book me again. Eek.

But I'm just gonna let it go as we all make mistakes from time to time and I will strive to do better.

Thanks for all your help guys

Oh bless you, that's a horrible feeling. At least you tried to remedy it. Onwards and upwards.

I can only echo what the others have said, trim the hair, start on the outside and work your way in. Apply a tiny amount of oil. Stretch when applying the wax and make sure it isn't too thin. Start at a hair free point so it's easier to make the lip, then stretch and pull. If it's a longer strip, stretch and pull halfway then move your stretching hand up to maintain the stretch and pull off the rest.

Practise, practise, practise. You will get good and it's a great income xx

I think well done you for putting yourself out there and contacting the client to rectify the problem. in my opinion this shows what a great therapist you are! so keep your chin up don't let it knock your confidence ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Big thumbs up for contacting her. I had a similar experience with my first stranger. Got two globs of wax stuck and it was hiffific getting them off. Again dense hair had trimmed but not enough. I am doing it well discounted an d clients aware am building practice so they may expect glitches lol. Since that I have carried on and now feel like I'm flying! Xx good luck.xx

Latest posts

Back