Break in!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lph

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have just had my beauty room broken into for the second time in 2 weeks. I rent a beautiful room above a lovely hair salon in Fareham, Hampshire. I was employed in the salon and worked as a full time therapist eventually becoming the salon manager for 12 years altogether before I went self-employed and started renting the room just over 2 years ago. We have never had any sign of anything like this at all before until now!! We've got a burglar alarm and CCTV cameras but this didn't deter the thieves! The first time they came in through a first floor window smashed my door as well as other room doors and left stealing thousands of pounds worth of hair from the poor girl that rents the room next to mine as well as the safe from the salon downstairs and flooding the whole salon from the sink in my room wreaking my floor. This time they cut a hole in the roof and entered my room through the loft hatch stealing a few hundred pounds worth if my Decleor and Jessica stock including some used items off of my trolleys! Then went back up through the hatch into the hair extension room again only to take hair products as she hasn't left any hair in the salon since the first time! Then back out the hole in the roof so not setting the alarm off at all! We are both gutted and frightened that it's not over. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this before?

Holy moly! I really feel for you and your friend. I assume your insurance covers it all? Such a waste of time and energy sorting it though. Get a 'beware of the dog' sign and a radio with a really nasty sounding pup. That should deter them! Burglars hate pets. Good luck with it all x

One of the salons in hamble nr Southampton was ram raided last month, not sure if anything was taken though.

The most of the shop front was gone and has just been re built.

Oh I'm sorry to hear you've been targeted again...
Wish I could say something to make you feel better, sending virtual hug.
Do they have smart water in your area? This may be an idea... The police provide 'smart water' it's a liquid that you dab on your property/items it's invisible and your water it's barcoded to you, when anyone is arrested for anything they scan with ultraviolet light and it shows up.
Also if any items are recovered they scan and trace it back to you.. We do it in Staffordshire for some areas. Just a thought as you could put a notice that you have it, it's very successful and many 'criminals' stay well away.

Worth a try x

I don't work in a salon so haven't had a similar experience but wanted to say I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I hope everything is covered by your insurance and you're back to normal again soon. Hopefully the police can advise you on how to prevent this happening again. I hope you're safe from now on x

I also have not experienced this but just wanted to send a virtual hug. Hope you get sorted soon! Xx

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm back in today as I work Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday's so as I expected I had weird dreams all night and am worrying about going back in again! I'm sure I'll be fine when I get there.

how dare people do this and get away with it, they be people who **** on there backsides and do nothing for a living. Just makes me so angry, i know exactly how you feel as now starting up my own mobile business i am still at my current job of working in a convient store and it gets little thugs wanting to get beer for nowt! Our other stores have had serious breakiins, the only thing i can suggest to you and i know its hard and all expences come out of your pocket is to just keep your head up and not let them get to you. I know this reply is way too late and just hope things got alot better for you. xx ~hugs~

So sorry to hear this, hope you get everything sorted with your insurance, i know how much hassle it must be for you :(
I know its all money but you may want to reconsider your burglar alarm...those that just set off a bell are only a deterent and will not help in the event of something like this as people just ignore the annoying bell instead of acting.
Do you have detectors in all rooms? That way if someone comes into the room from any direction it will set off. Perhaps find a local security company as they will be able to give you your options to have it monitored, either by redcare (bt), dualcom or speech dialler.
Speech dialler will be the cheapest option id imagine. You can have it monitored for a small amount and the monitoring.company will call you or another keyholder (usually a few listed) who can then attend site or call the police. If you can afford it i would recommend dualcom with a urn so that it.is reported direct to police for attendance.
Again i know it is all more money but if split between you shouldn't be too much and well worth it to stop this happening. (my other job is in security systems so thought id offer you a little advice)
Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back