Bridal hair & makeup all day packages/evening top ups

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair by kelly

Reaction score
Do any of you offer evening topups of all day packages?

Recently I have been asked to go
Back in an evening to top up makeup (?usually only lippy and powder nose) and may be change hair style, ) but I have felt awkward when I have gone back so just wondering what others do,

but do you use the bridal suite or another room?

do you just let the wedding Co - ordinator you are there?

And for allday package

Again do you stay in the bridal suit or a different room one you have finished in the morning?

Do you follow the bride around all day just wait for her to come to you?

Do you make them feed you ?

And advice would be used full

X

I used to get asked by every bride if I would do this and to be honest it’s never needed. Unless they have a severe skin problem that needs some more coverage, the most they would need is a dab of powder for any sweat from dancing so they aren’t shiny.

They don’t like to pay for extra time so you could always do a luxury package and include a top up with it. I wouldn’t hang about all day or expect food unless it was nowhere near where I live. In that case i’d need payment for every hour I’m waiting and hanging about.

But for most brides they will not want that. Just give them a slice of their lippy in a sample pot with a disposable brush (or a new one if you’ve done that service for them), and tell them to take a powder and concealer or give it to one of the ladies to carry it around.

If you are planning on turning up to do evening makeup, many won’t be in hotels so you might have to make do with toilets. You never know the guests might want a top up top so bring extra and not just what you need and have a price ready for anyone asking.

Don’t wait for the bride to tell you, tell her directly what you are prepared to do and how much it will cost her. If you are too shy to go into a venue then only do it in hotel room ones. But don’t follow them round, being a bride is horrid (or wonderful to some) having people all over you all day hounding you.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they completely forget about their makeup by the time they all swept up in their day... it’s such a busy, overwhelming day that most brides have no idea that they will be over it by the time the photos are done, which is usually straight after the ceremony, so she shouldn’t be all sweaty by then! I wouldn’t even offer the service personally... that’s what bridesmaids are for!!

Latest posts

Back