Bridal hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiem

Reaction score
Hi i am a level 2 qualified hairdresser with some experience in hair up bridal, prom, etc but want to look into it further but cant seem to find any courses in my area that look any good?? I live in Hampshire and am willing to travel if necessary can any1 recommend anywhere??

Thanks

hi
i was looking for the same thing in my area and never found, sallys do them but not sure they are much cop???
i taught myself really i could do it basic but just bought books and dvds and watched youtube ALOT lol

i'm a hands on learner so every opportunity i got i practiced practiced,,
i now do a wedding most saturdays and plenty of proms/races/night out do's,
have faith in yourself
practice makes perfect xxxxxx

hi its worth going to patrick cammeron in london - he's the 'master' and the training academy is brilliant - hope this helps

hi
i was looking for the same thing in my area and never found, sallys do them but not sure they are much cop???
i taught myself really i could do it basic but just bought books and dvds and watched youtube ALOT lol

i'm a hands on learner so every opportunity i got i practiced practiced,,
i now do a wedding most saturdays and plenty of proms/races/night out do's,
have faith in yourself
practice makes perfect xxxxxx

Hi I am like you self taught, could you advise if you purchased a dummy head to practise on and what books and dvds did you buy. My daughter not willing to sit still too long.

Thanks

Dawn

Hiya,

Capital Hair and Beauty run 2 day bridal hair work shops, one for beginners and one for advanced, and they are run by Michelle Harding.
I am also from Hampshire, and did the courses at the Portsmouth branch. They were quite reasonable price wise, you have to take a model on day 2, and practice, practice, practice!
I found them quite helpful and informative.
HTH's hun :)

Hiya,

Capital Hair and Beauty run 2 day bridal hair work shops, one for beginners and one for advanced, and they are run by Michelle Harding.
I am also from Hampshire, and did the courses at the Portsmouth branch. They were quite reasonable price wise, you have to take a model on day 2, and practice, practice, practice!
I found them quite helpful and informative.
HTH's hun :)

Did you do both of these courses? have been nagging at the Hayes branch to run this course but as yet no joy, what did you think anmd what sort of techniques/ styles did you do ect.
I completed a 10 week asian bridal course many years ago and was after some refreshing. had looked at the Patrick Cameron course as he is one of my hair Idols but bit pricey , would take a while to gain the outlay back on wedding hair.
I agree as well that practice makes perfect and also to get creative its amazing what you can create with hair. Im sure you will find lots of willing models . x

Captial in Aldershot are running one soon... I picked up the form in store, but cant find it for the life of me!
Maybe give them a call? it was £110 + vat
xox

Patrick Cameron Books and DVD's are great, definately get yourself a headblock to practice on, if you are going to Salon International he usually does a free demo which is well worth trying to see. I think it's on the Babyliss stand - you might want to check though. Also you could have a look at books etc while you're there.

Did you do both of these courses? have been nagging at the Hayes branch to run this course but as yet no joy, what did you think anmd what sort of techniques/ styles did you do ect.
I completed a 10 week asian bridal course many years ago and was after some refreshing. had looked at the Patrick Cameron course as he is one of my hair Idols but bit pricey , would take a while to gain the outlay back on wedding hair.
I agree as well that practice makes perfect and also to get creative its amazing what you can create with hair. Im sure you will find lots of willing models . x

Yes I did both courses, a little bit expensive, but worth it. We covered quite a few techniques and styles, can't remember how many exactly, it was a few years ago now! Anyway, it's worth giving Capital a ring, and getting some info.

Thanks Michelle, time to start nagging again i think :lol:

Latest posts

Back