Bridal makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you trian with airbase they take the cost of training of when you purchase the kit! I am doing my training in 2 weeks.. Can't wait! Already have bookings for it...

I did my airbrush training at same time as the rest of my training. I have a few collegues that use airbase. If the clients skin is pretty flawless then its good but i do find that if your client doesnt have good skin then it can look a bit cloggy. I use Evolution airbrush with a Harder Steenback Compressor. It is larger than the airbase ones but its great for changing air pressure and is very acurate and can get many add ons if you end up ever needing to do larger areas of the body. I use this with Mac airbrush products I only have 5 foundations an mix to the tone of the skin as necessary. The foundations last really well and i have found when working along side my collegues that most of the time my foundations looks better. and im sure its not down to the artist!
I do find that no matter what airbrush you use making sure you prep and prime the skin properly and make sure you have lightly concealed any blemishes and redness first then the makeup goes on well.
Good luck with what ever yopu choose. I luve doing it Hope you enjoy it too!

With regards to price, I wouldn't do a free Bridal trial (that's just me though). The thing that I was worried about was that you would do the trial, use your time and products, and more than likely travel to them, all for free, and they might not even book you on the day. At least if you charge for the trial you can cover your time, some product cost and cost of fuel. I offer the clients a discount if they book me for their wedding on the day of the trial, which I find a good incentive.
I have done a couple of trials where the brides asked me loads and loads and loads of questions about techniques and products and I was with them hours, they booked me for their wedding day, then cancelled a couple of days after the trial (I think that they had all the info they needed), so it made me glad to have charged for the trial, to cover my time & expense. Remember, you are offering a professional service, so it's worth paying for.

Also, brushes are a major investment, I keep adding to my collection, decent brushes are a must!
Good luck hope you enjoy your course :lol:

Latest posts

Back