Bright purple hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaL

Reaction score
Hi, i have a client natural level 6, 30 %white hair, virgin hair,who would like to go bright purple all over. I have attached a picture of what she would like. I work with Wella colours but open to other brands, i would like to know if anyone can reccomend what to use and also how they would go about this from lightening the hair to toning etc as the bright colours arent something i work with alot. Can i do this in one long sitting do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201107-111843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201107-111843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 18
Have you coloured your clients hair previously? Does her white take tint easily or is it resistant at all?

For any bright purple, I recommend to lift the hair to a 10, tone out the yellow then go in with your target colour otherwise I find if you put the purple straight onto bleached hair it will neutralise the yellow tones anyway, and be less vivid.

There are lots of brands offering bright fashion colours so it depends on which brands your wholesaler stocks and also how long lasting you want it to be. I like guy tang’s Mydentity range but you’ll need to add colour boosters to make it a bright purple. Pulp Riot is another good range for vivid colours too.

Definitely bleach to a level 9 or 10 preferably with Olaplex. I have used both Joico color intensity and FramColor Bold. The attached picture is a color I did with the Framcolor, it is very long lasting. Unfortunately the color is muted from the original picture because of being compressed, it is way brighter and incredibly shiny.

Attachments

• 20201108_213957.jpg
    20201108_213957.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Definitely bleach to a level 9 or 10 preferably with Olaplex. I have used both Joico color intensity and FramColor Bold. The attached picture is a color I did with the Framcolor, it is very long lasting. Unfortunately the color is muted from the original picture because of being compressed, it is way brighter and incredibly shiny.
I would second the choice of bold, but at the moment I'm sure it's been discontinued. It is making a comeback though apparently.

Latest posts

Back