Brisa – UV finishing gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilled

Reaction score
Lately I am having trouble to get the UV gloss to stick. I shape with a 100 grid file, remove dust by brushing it off and apply UV gloss and cure for 2 minutes.
But when I remove the sticky layer at the end with scrub-fresh, it seems like I remove the gloss also.
The result is a less shiny surface, and sometimes it looks like I haven’t used a thick enough layer (which I believe I have). Also the French white gets dirty on the surface because it doesn’t have a protective cover. :irked:

Any ideas?

Do you use scrub-fresh before using UV gloss?
Could my lamp be too old? The indicator light is still green, then it should be OK, right?
My 100 grid file might not be brand new, but that should still work? :rolleyes:

Lately I am having trouble to get the UV gloss to stick. I shape with a 100 grid file, remove dust by brushing it off and apply UV gloss and cure for 2 minutes.
You shouldn't need to file with anything harsher than a 180.

But when I remove the sticky layer at the end with scrub-fresh, it seems like I remove the gloss also.
Are you applying it too thinly? I apply mine like a 'generous coat' of super shiney.

The result is a less shiny surface, and sometimes it looks like I haven’t used a thick enough layer (which I believe I have). Also the French white gets dirty on the surface because it doesn’t have a protective cover. :irked:

Any ideas?

Do you use scrub-fresh before using UV gloss?
You can do, it will ensure that no oils are on the nail, make sure the nail is totally dry before you apply Finishing Gloss.

Could my lamp be too old? The indicator light is still green, then it should be OK, right?
Not necessarily, if the bulbs are over 12 months old then it's best to replace them.

My 100 grid file might not be brand new, but that should still work? :rolleyes:
You shouldn't need anything harsher than a 180 grit.
hth's

does sound to me like either the layer your doing is too thin or not consistant...or that your bulbs need replacing. x

Just to reiterate what these guys said...

If it isnt sticking to a 100 grit surface... then there are still oil or contaminants present. A good scrub on the nails with a disninfectable brush followed by a bit of ScrubFresh should do it for you.

Pending that, check your bulbs. That is assuming that your 100 grit abrasive isnt beaten to an inch of its life (i.e. its as smooth as a 240 grit :D)

HTHs!

Thanks a lot, everyone :)

I suddently had the same problem with mine. Most of it stayd on but it looked shady. I thought maybe it was my lamp, but then I tried a brand now bottle and no problem what so ever. I guess it had been overexposed to many things and it was over a year old, since I don't have that many clients.

I used to have this problem so i started to use scrubfrsh after filing then liquid bond then top coat and it seemed to work! has anyone else doe it this was or am i just a strange one???

I used to have this problem so i started to use scrubfrsh after filing then liquid bond then top coat and it seemed to work! has anyone else doe it this was or am i just a strange one???
You don't need to use Liquid Bond on the enhancement, it's designed to be used on the natural nail to help the gel adhere.
By using a dusting brush and Scrubfreshing after filing you'll be removing any oils that have transferred to the enhancement, that should be sufficient.
hth's

Latest posts

Back