Brisa or Brisa Lite? Confused by the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Sorry to ask a question that has probably been asked a million times but Ive confused myself with all the reading I have done!
I trained in Nail Harmony Fusion Acrylic last year and to be honest I dont like it. I found the process of sculpting with acrylic very hard and all of the filing very time consuming. I have now started looking into converting over to hard gels.
I have seen the many posts regarding Brisa many times but I have never really looked into it as I wasn't into offering extensions. I also find it hard going through all the posts as there is now Brisa and Brisa Lite.
I would definitely like to offer some kind of extensions to my clients, most of them are used to acrylics but would prefer a more natural route, less bulk of the nail etc.
I will be using Gelish over the top of whichever product I use. I would like be able to offer a gel overlay that would give more strength than Gelish Sculpture Gel. I would also like to be able to give the option of extending the nail. And even doing stiletto or almond shape?
Would anyone be able to recommend which I would need?
I have already asked CND to send me out the brochures and for training dates for both.
If I train in one do I have to train in the other?
Would I need to offer both products?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks x

Brisa is a hard buff of gel, its very strong and durable nice to work with. i love it.

Brisa Lite comes in two forms- smoothing gel which is great for clients with weak nails who need a bit of strength under their shellac (of Gelish)
and brisa ite sculpting gel which can be used to add length. brisa lite is soak off gel and therefore not as strong as brisa. if your wanting a great deal of length on a long term basis (i.e you want to keep infilling) then brisa would be better.
if you type brisa lite into the search on here you will see there are loads of detailed threads about brisa lite.

x

Thank you very much Hazeleyes!
May be good to offer both but I will definitely train in Brisa.
Would I then need to train in Brisa Lite after Brisa training x

Thank you very much Hazeleyes!
May be good to offer both but I will definitely train in Brisa.
Would I then need to train in Brisa Lite after Brisa training x

Well it depends on you- there courses offered for both options and one whole day course which covers both in the day, but you could still buy it without training.

Brisa hard gel training gives you a good understanding of gels and how they work how to carry out prep etc

Honestly, it's a good idea if you want to offer brisa lite sculpting gel to take the sculpting class as it covers form fitting etc, however personally I feel the smoothing gel is quite straightforward so training wouldn't be as necessary, especially if you have done brisa hard gel and the shellac courses already and your confident, but this is my personal opinion, others may disagree.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back