Brisa users help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignatz

Reaction score
I haven't faced this problem until just lately,now on many different clients: UV Finishing Gloss pools or runs away from the free edge. I've changed nothing before or after the problem has appeared; I always apply Finishing Gloss on buffed surface, with all excess dust carefully bruhsed away and the nail wiped with Scrubfresh. And I do apply it over the free edge.
The bottle I'm going through at the moment is running low, could it have gone off in just a few weeks?? Didn't have this problem when I started this very same bottle of Finishing Gloss.
I'd really appreciate your help gals, I'm desperate to find out what causes this and how to get rid of it!

I have the same problem as you, so will be watching this thread with interest. Instead with my gel clients i have opted for IBD intense seal as a top gloss..there is nothing more frustrating than problems right at the end of the service:irked:
Not for a minute do i believe its the product,though. It would definitely be technique..or possibly a abrasive thats a little worn,possibly? After all brisa is a popular product..i just wish the gloss was a little more user friendly..it reminds me of IBD ultra seal.:irked:

i haven't experienced this with the brisa gel top coet before so i don't think i can help sorry but i too use intense seale by ibd and i love it you don't have the sticky top layer either its fab xx

To ensure you don't get pooling you have to make sure that after preparing the nail with a 180 grit abrasive and removing any oils that might be on the nail that your client doesn't go touching their face or hair as that can transmit oils back to the nails and in turn cause pooling.
You also need to ensure that you don't touch the nail with your fingers after removing oils.

Are you applying too much Scrubfresh?
Are you allowing sufficient time for the nails to dry before applying the Finishing Gloss?

hth's

I don't think I apply too much Scrubfresh and, it's definitely dry before I apply Finishing Gloss. I'm always very careful with letting nothing touch the surface of the nail.
As I wrote before, I keep on working the same way I always have. This problem just seems to have appeared absolutely out of the blue!

You mention that the bottle is running low...could you possibly (maybe unconsciously) be using less than you used to with a fuller bottle...?

I found with Brisa top gloss that i needed a good coat...not thick but even and not sparingly to avoid pooling and pitting.

Try a new bottle..xx

You mention that the bottle is running low...could you possibly (maybe unconsciously) be using less than you used to with a fuller bottle...?

I found with Brisa top gloss that i needed a good coat...not thick but even and not sparingly to avoid pooling and pitting.

Try a new bottle..xx

Thanks, I'll try and pay more attention on the thickness too!

I'll have to get a new bottle anyway next week.. I'll let you know if the problem still appears with it!:)

Latest posts

Back