Brista Lite sculpting gel-advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieD

Reaction score
hi i would love some feedback and advice on Brista Lite sculpting gel please...
I don't know much about this product apart from a couple of YouTube videos .. And I'm interested to hear what it's like to work with ??? Is it easy to master and do you need to blend the tips before applying the gel? And can you sculpt a gel nail on clear gel ? Also how hard wearing are the gel nails once on?
I trained on acrylic nails but as I work a lot with shellac gel polish I'm interested in the removable sculpting gel.
And honestly does it damage your natural nail ? Because that's what I love about shellac is that it doesn't damage your natural nails.
Would really love some advice as it would cost a lot investing in buying this product ?
Xxx

Oh have I read this right ... They are going to stop selling Brista Lite Sculpting gel ????

That's what i read from it - i was going to do the training but changed my mind now!! Xx

That's really disappointing .... But so pleased I posted this question ... Would have been really upset investing time and money on a product that was going to be discontinued ???
Oh a bit lost now on where to go from this as loved the idea of offering nail extensions that won't damage your nails and as time is money ... Easily removed
Any items nail geeks ????

I second your question - done my shellac training and arts and styles, the smoothing gel course is only held in London (much too far away from me) and so this was my next step...xx

I don't use sculpting gels as I only use shellac and gel II Polish on natural nails, but the company that does gel II has sky scraper gel products that you can do extensions with. Why not have a look at them? Also ink London does their own brand of sculpting products.

I can't say much more as I don't use it but hopefully it's somewhere you can start your search [emoji4]

Oh thanks will look into it .... I'm after a product that doesn't damage the natural nail... Feel very strongly about not damaging the nail and will only use a product on my clients nails that I would happily use on my own nails . Love my own nails after using shellac , have to file them down between polish change as the grow so well. But have lost a lot of customers as they want nail extensions for a special occasion

Gel II is amazing as well - it's stronger and longer lasting then shellac and after removal your natural nails look super healthy with zero damage so I'd imagine that their skyscraper products are just as amazing. Also ink London ilac products are almost the same as shellac and so there is also no nail damage and I'm pretty sure their sculpting products will be the same xx

Would it be possible for someone from Sweet Squared to explain CND Americas decision as to why they've decided to discontinue Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel from next year please?
Thanks in advance.

Any nail extension whether it be acrylic or gel will cause some damage to the nails. Although gel Is kinder to your nails than acrylics. One of the reasons is that before you apply the gel you have to prep the nails the same way as you would for acrylics which includes buffing the nails so that there is no shine left on the nail plate which would cause the product to lift.

Any nail extension whether it be acrylic or gel will cause some damage to the nails. Although gel Is kinder to your nails than acrylics. One of the reasons is that before you apply the gel you have to prep the nails the same way as you would for acrylics which includes buffing the nails so that there is no shine left on the nail plate which would cause the product to lift.
Brisa Lite products do not require removing shine prior to application.

Yes thats a good point but they're being discontiued soon.

I trained in Brisa Lite sculpting and I'm a bit gutted to hear it's being discontinued. I've been looking at Skyscraper gel as a replacement as it's also soakable and my Brisa cert qualifies me to use it. Tbh I never offered full Brisa extensions (they are sculpted, not blended tips) to clients as it's not as hard wearing as acrylic or hard gel and you really need to understand the product to get the most out of it. I've heard great things about Skyscraper being much more hard wearing – and Gel 2 is excellent – so hopefully that will be a better solution.

I'm so upset to see brisa lite go! Cnd are really testing my loyalty by discontinuing so many products! Apparently anther 6 lines are due to be discontinued! 11 years of nothing but cnd but I have to say my eyes are starting to wonder!

I'm so upset to see brisa lite go! Cnd are really testing my loyalty by discontinuing so many products! Apparently anther 6 lines are due to be discontinued! 11 years of nothing but cnd but I have to say my eyes are starting to wonder!

Another 6 lines!!? Whaaaa!! CND lines? Where did you hear this and any idea which ones?

Sadly, it's because of this that I've decided to train in Skyscraper Gel.

I love CND and was prepared to pay to learn Brisa Gel with my local instructor but this news put me off.

I'm a complete beginner in gel extensions but Creative Beauty have confirmed that there will be a beginners course before the end of the year so I'm all signed up.

Latest posts

Back