Broadband card terminal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Can anyone advise. Currently I have a phone line terminal machine. I am moving my salon to my home address and was hoping to do a wifi merchant as I don't have a phone line socket within the salon.

Has anyone got a terminal like this? Would recommend any in particular? Bit stumped

I don't think wifi machines exist (I might be wrong). It's normally broadband, phone line or mobile satellite network 3G.

Do you mean a mobile one? Your existing provider will have one. Or do you mean using your home broadband signal? Might be better off buying an ipad or tablet and using Payleven or Zinc.

I mean broadband [emoji85] my brain is officially fried xxx

How do you have broadband without a phone line?

I have a wifi broadband terminal. It is connected to my internet router and a power socket. I leave the hand held unit charging on the baseplate overnight And then just have it handy when I do treatments. It works everywhere that my phone and iPad pick up my wifi but only my wifi - so I can't pop it into my bag

There are other methods that are probably cheaper for home use - I have a salon so my terminal is used a lot. I haven't researched them because my customers expect a shop style experience but there are secure portals that you can use online where you just type in the card details manually and also mobile phone systems. Your bank may be able to give you some advice and also the federation of small businesses.

Good luck

I'm a bit confused what you are after but I use a card machine - Sumup. It works through my wifi connection. There is a small pin machine and it operates through Bluetooth to my iPad/iPhone. Really pleased with it xx

I have a phone line I just don't have a phone socket within the salon x
I don't understand how you have broadband tho? Doesn't the router plug into the socket and then the card machine go into the router?

the card readers now don't necessarily need a phone socket, we've used barclays before at tradeshows and they work via 3G network or WiFi

I've personally used izettle which works with your phone network - but its high fees about 2.5%

Try speaking to barclays payment merchants, i would have suggested worldpay who were great initially but their service starting lacking and they started charging for things they never mentioned before!

Best Regards,
Mel

I don't understand how you have broadband tho? Doesn't the router plug into the socket and then the card machine go into the router?

The salon is within my home. There is no telephone point within the salon though. I didn't explain it very well x

The salon is within my home. There is no telephone point within the salon though. I didn't explain it very well x
Ah gotcha! I was more concerned that I'm paying for line rental to get broadband and you diddnt have to! Lol X

Ah gotcha! I was more concerned that I'm paying for line rental to get broadband and you diddnt have to! Lol X

I was in a very much sleep deprived state when I started this post (if you couldn't tell) then I kept reading the post thinking what's not to understand?

Errrr you forgot to mention the salon is within your house. Such a numpty sorry Hun x

Latest posts

Back