Brow training, HD Brows or Hi Brow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bickers

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to train in brows and always looked to HD Brows but as it is very expensive ive had a look round and come across Hi Brows through lash perfect and wondered if anyone had any advice on choosing the right training provider or have trained with either of the two companies and are able to share your experience and opinion on them?

I currently do nails part time and would like to add brows as an extra service.

Many thanks for your help in advance :)

I did the Hi Brow training in January. I already did eyebrow shaping and tinting and wondered what I could learn, however the course was great. It was really informative and I have had great results. The only thing I would say is that HD are a very well known brand and people tend to search/ask for it specifically so you will need to market it well x

Thanks for the reply.
I've always thought that HD brows would be the only option to train with for the reason it's so we'll known but just put off with how expensive it is. Since looking into Hi Brow it still uses the similar steps (tinting,waxing threading ect) and at a much more reasonable cost to train. I am now swaying more to train in hi brow as I also like the idea of the Brow Perfect training they offer which is something HD brows don't do. :)

I looked in to doing the hi brow course, i phoned up and one of the girls told me your not allowed to do tinting on the day because of patch test wouldnt have been carried out so thats what put me off doing it and i never done the course x

Have a look at flirties precision brows at flirties.co.uk all the seven steps taught for brow treatment [emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks gemma123, That's strange how can you train in something if your not allowed to have a patch test prior to it [emoji51]

Thanks cazjp69 I will look into this, not heard of them before. I'm thinking it might be best to wait until professional beauty north as I'm sure there will be lots of different brands to choose from there [emoji3][emoji106]

I trained with Brows by Mii, which is distributed by Gerrard International (the same distributors as Jessica), and found the training and products fantastic. They don't use threading, which I had no interest in learning, but use waxing, tweezing, tinting and make-up. They also send the patch test out to you by post so you can use the tint on the day.

Thank you I will look into both of these [emoji3]

Thank you I will look into both of these [emoji3]
I'm looking at training in HD brows also and they have 20% off at the moment due to the offer at professional beauty north so quite a saving. I had the same reservations as you, but as you say people will search for that particular name and even I don't know the other brands let alone my potential clients x

I trained with Hi Brow and enjoyed the training, I was sceptical before I did the training thinking I can already wax/shape/tint etc bug there is a lot more to the treatment itself. Hi Brow have a great workstation and all home card products to retail, I personally decided to go for Hi Brow as my area is flooded with High Definition stylists &
Salons including mobiles so I wanted to offer a different brand. So far I've made the cost of my training & station back and much more. I charge the same as Hi definition stylists in my area £25 (I have been a therapist & MUA 20 years). I've seen the cost of training has gone up immensely since I enquired as one of their reps called into my salon with info the other week and from what I've read it's because you now get a virtual stockist of their make up & a small kit added onto the training. I already have a make up brand so I wouldn't have required that aspect.
But all in all I think go with your instinct if it's the high definition brand you really want then go for it. X

Can anybody tell me the difference between the Hi brow/HD brows etc and a normal wax ant tint? Is it a different kind of tint they use or shaping stencils or what? Always something I have been kind-of interested in but I've never really known much about it to be able to justify training etc

Can anybody tell me the difference between the Hi brow/HD brows etc and a normal wax ant tint? Is it a different kind of tint they use or shaping stencils or what? Always something I have been kind-of interested in but I've never really known much about it to be able to justify training etc

Yes there is more to both hi brow & high definition than a tint & shape. It's hard to explain in text without it being an essay. But you have tools inc consultation sheets, growth plans, the actual treatment, learn how to measure & map a brow etc. It is with the training (I did Hi brow) but it's your own preference.

I have done beauty for a long time and just done a microblading course, it has made me realise I need more training in shaping and measuring eyebrows, does hi brow course go into shape and measuring brows and styles in depth? Xxx

Flirties precision brows does [emoji106][emoji106]

I have done beauty for a long time and just done a microblading course, it has made me realise I need more training in shaping and measuring eyebrows, does hi brow course go into shape and measuring brows and styles in depth? Xxx

Yes it does, face & eye shapes etc. If your experienced in beauty/make up then the course it great. You received a whole workstation inc products & training in the Hi Brow price x

Yes it does, face & eye shapes etc. If your experienced in beauty/make up then the course it great. You received a whole workstation inc products & training in the Hi Brow price x
That sounds great x

flirties precision brow design is really good :) x

What is included in the kit?

Everything lol powders, highlighters, gels, pencils, waxing kit, threading, tweezers everything you need for precision brows. Have a look at flirties.co.uk and also till midnight 4th oct vat free on courses and products [emoji106][emoji106]

I trained with HD brows last year i was really unsure due to the cost but 1000% it was worth it they are the leading brow company and it works for you being with a branded company or in my case it does.
People search and you get so many coming just from that... i thought the cost would put people off but half of my clients are HD customers now. xxx

Latest posts

Back