BROWN BOX DYE TO RED

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TametheMane

Reaction score
My client is look to change her hair color from a level 6 brown box dye to a level 6 red/brown. What are some steps that would help achieve her desired look? Also, she has about 3 inches of new growth and the was look to get a darker red brown on the root.

My client is look to change her hair color from a level 6 brown box dye to a level 6 red/brown. What are some steps that would help achieve her desired look? Also, she has about 3 inches of new growth and the was look to get a darker red brown on the root.
What brand do you use? Or are you open to suggestions?

What brand do you use? Or are you open to suggestions?
I use matrix;
and yes I am. I would like to see what the other brands offer.

I use matrix;
and yes I am. I would like to see what the other brands offer.
For this I'd be looking at using a warm level 5 mixed with a level 6 red with the lowest developer for coverage on the roots. And then on the M.L.E I'd use a level 6 mixed with a level 7 intense red with 9%.
The alternative but may be more work in the long run would be to use something like affinage B:red (these are highlift red shades) but because you only need a small amount of lift I wouldn't use anything higher than 3% with it because they are quite powerful. Then I'd use 6.666 on the roots to match. But it all depends on the end result You're trying to achieve.

Latest posts

Back