Brown highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My cliente dyed her hair 3 months ago. She dyed a number 3. Now she wants to add some light to her hair. She told me she doesn't want to be blond only a little bit of shine. I recommended her to add some highlights and showed her the color chart and she told me that she would like to get a 7.46 but only highlights.

Which technique do you think is better?

I thought I could foil her hair with bleach than rinse, blow dry, and tonalize with a 7.46 + 5 volume peroxide. But the problem is her natural hair on the roots, won't it affect the virgen hair?

She is tired of blond highlights and only want what in Portugal we cal «shades».

Could help me with your experience what you think it would be better to get that look?

She wants something like the picture.

https://www.google.pt/search?q=wrap...2Fyoull-love-this-adorable-twist.html;724;623

Last edited:
Picture won't work x

any ideia...please

I cant see the picture but i would do what you said and once the hair is dried go through and pick up the individual bits you bleached and paint on. If you do chunky weaves just underneath the parting this should be fine. Just try to keep away from the natural roots

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Of course the colour you put on her hair will effect her natural regrowth.... If you are competent in performing this colour i would advise you don't.

You will need to test, and need to bleach up the already coloured hair, but regrowth depending on her natural base may not need as long or could be tinted meaning you would need to pre lift just the coloured hair when you rinse and apply target shade do a different mix for the root to ensure the strand is the same from root to tip.

Does she want to keep her base 3! I would foil her hair like you said using a different strength peroxide on the roots to the coloured hair (would do strand tests to see if you can get it to a 7 first) would you not be better adding some tint between the foils so that her natural regrowth is covered x

Latest posts

Back