Which formula Koleston for red raspberry would you recommend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Giles

Reaction score
I have decided to use 55/65 but not sure if to add 0/65 or 0/66, will it be too violet if I add 0/66? What do you reckon? Customer said she wants a violet red color so really not much help but she said she liked this color I showed her https://www.google.se/search?q=rasp...AUICigB&biw=1242&bih=579#imgrc=zY-L-X9NKEQQfM: I am thinking I should either keep to 55/65 as its double numbers or with 0/65, thinking 0/66 will be too violet especially considering her fair skin.
Can someone please guide me? I was also thinking maybe even a bit of 0/68 instead of the other extra colors? Would it not suit a pale skin lady better?

Last edited:
I can’t load your link but 55/65 with 0/65 goes a gorgeous vibrant raspberry colour. Adding 0/66 would darken it down quite significantly i have found.

I can’t load your link but 55/65 with 0/65 goes a gorgeous vibrant raspberry colour. Adding 0/66 would darken it down quite significantly i have found.
Thank you for replying. I was also considering 55/66 with 0/45, do you know anything of that combination or is 55/65 with 0/65 best?

Never tried it with 0/45 I think it would make it too fiery and 55/66 always does a dark level 5.. if she wants a raspberry colour I would stick to the above x

Never tried it with 0/45 I think it would make it too fiery and 55/66 always does a dark level 5.. if she wants a raspberry colour I would stick to the above x
Thank you so much :)

What's the reason you want to use koleston
specifically? I would use colour touch because you will get a lot more shine x

What's the reason you want to use koleston
specifically? I would use colour touch because you will get a lot more shine x
I thought Koleston was to be used on virgin hair and CT wont stick for long at all. I learned CT on prelightened hair. Am I wrong? Can I use CT on virgin hair?

And she wants the results to be durable too, should I use CT anyway?

Of course you can, CT will give a more vibrant and glossy look, and will fade out evenly. It will last at least 6-8 weeks, of she had permanent colour she would have roots by then anyway x

Of course you can, CT will give a more vibrant and glossy look, and will fade out evenly. It will last at least 6-8 weeks, of she had permanent colour she would have roots by then anyway x
Oh really, then I will definitely go with color touch. I just always learned in class to use ct on prelightened hair and koleston on virgin hair but it sounds like its win win to use ct so i thank you very much for the advice that i will definitely use.

Would you use 6vol or 14vol?

Your welcome,

Rule of thumb I follow is if you want to go darker, change time or add vibrancy... colour touch

If you need lift or cover a lot of grey... koleston

Hope this helps x

I would use the 14 vol with vibrant reds

Your welcome,

Rule of thumb I follow is if you want to go darker, change time or add vibrancy... colour touch

Hope this helps x
Definitely does, thank you so much again x

Your welcome,

Hope this helps x
Sorry just re read this, should have said tone not time [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry just re read this, should have said tone not time [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It's no need to apologize, I got it and the results were fab, thanks again xx took 2/3 of 55/65 and 1/3 of 0/68. I know most say half half but I didn't want to make it too purple when she's so fair. Thank you so much again for your time and advice x

Did you take some pictures? You're welcome, happy to help x

Did you take some pictures? You're welcome, happy to help x
Unfortunately client didn't want me to take a picture but it was a true raspberry color, very vibrant just as you promised xx so grateful for your help!

Sorry I took so long to reply, I only go here when in dire need of help ha ha x

Latest posts

Back