Brushes?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigers-mummy

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of reading Geeg's book which has been an amazing read so far. I have always known that investing in a good brush is worth while, and now I am more confident in doing acrylics I think it's time to start looking.

Do you think you need a brush that is produced by same brand as your system? There's no way I can get my hands on a selection of brushes to see how they feel so will be ordering online. What should I look for?

(I will not be buying from anywhere like ebay or anywhere like that)

Have a little search on here and you will find SOOOO many threads about brushes! Many geeks have posted their favourites and through that you can make an informed decision.
I personally love my NSI No.8 Royal Precision but have heard good things about the CND ProSeries/Ultra Sculptor No.10 too :)
I don't think you have to stick with the same company for your brush and your system... it's just what suits you and what you're comfortable with!

xxx

Unfortunately I believe it's best to use the brush designed to go with the system.

These companies don't spend millions and millions of pounds developing systems and brushes for you to choose another one.

At least to start off with use the whole system including brush to get the best out of the system.

CND acrylic has a very light touch and the brushes are designed for this. A firmer brush tends to drag the product round the nail.

This is just my opinion though and the ultra sculptor is a fab brush, I have also heard good things about the NSI brush. Good luck in your choice x

Thats good to know because I haven't decided which system I want to use either lol I have used NSI and EZ Flow, and have a sample of CND to try. Would like to try an OPI acrylic but I can't seem to buy the trial kit and I doubt very much they will send anything free, like the sample I was given from sweet squared. xx

You don't have to use the same brush as your system, you just need a brush you can work with.

I've been through MANY. My recommendation is: do not buy cheap. A good brush will cost a bit. This is no place to skimp.

I LOVE the Ultra Sculptor #10 from CND. It's great because it can be used flat or pointy.

HTH and best of luck in your search. :)

The brushes I love are EzFlow Grand Artist 508 and I have a CND ProSeries 10. I have tried a few brushes out over the years and these are my favs. :)

Latest posts

Back