BT internet line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany Dawson

Reaction score
Hi All,

Bit of a random one but want to know if anyone has experienced something similar.

Moved into a new build house in April, ordered our internet through BT a week before moving in (we went with BT as they have to connect the lines etc anyway and were told it was faster going direct with BT).

We have been given various dates for technicans to come out and connect us but we are now into August and STILL the internet line has not been connected to our house! We have taken days off work to be at home when they come to connect it but nobody has turned up. Spoken with multiple managers and assistants etc but still no help.

We have put in two official complaints to Ofcom but I was wondering if there is anything else we can do? I run my part time make-up/beauty business from home so having no internet has been a real pain to communicate appointments etc! I ran up a phone bill of £160 just using extra data.

Getting very frustrated as it seems like it is a 10 min job, some of our neighbors have internet already and we are just constantly being told contradicting information.

HELP!!!

Tiffany x

Hey tiffany! My mum moved into a new build a few yrs ago and it took bt six months to fix the lines for the internet. They are the most useless of the telecoms companies out there. When i moved i went with sky, gave them the date i was moving and they were round the next day sorting my internet and tv for me. Each time my mum and partner now move they go with sky as the package is with the new address and they are told if the line needs installing or not and if it does they are straight round to sort it. Bt own the phone lines but have to contract out if you go with another company. Basically what happens is they either switch you on at the exchange (big dark green box near houses) or they have to fit a new cable which sky had to do for me. Took the guy around an hour to do but got brand new line and straight on and working.

I would go else where now if bt are giving you the runaround and tbh they also come out the most expensive. Look at moneysavingexpert to compare the best deal for your internet. Good luck i hope it gets sorted for you xx

Same here - nothing but problems with bt when we have moved, but sky were brilliant! Came out much sooner and lots less faffing all round xxx

Latest posts

Back