Budgeting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckylashes

Reaction score
How does everyone make their budget monthly I have wandered off course with mine over the busy period

How do you work it out as some months stock and retail is higher than others some there's none needed hardly ect

Thanks xx

I just buy as is needed. I work on the assumption that if I'm buying lots it's because we're doing lots - and assuming all my prices are based on my costs and outgoings etc, profit will follow.

However, I don't buy automatically, so I constantly monitor what's doing well and not so well. If we finish a shellac was it one we used a lot or was it a shelf sitter that's not worth replacing?
On the months with less spend, I simply spend less and any profit carries over towards the next month.
One advantage in our business is that we're not waiting to be paid - like builders for example. We know what we've got!

I sometimes find it helps to transfer money to another account so I have a 'bank' of money. I do this on a weekly basis. The same amount each week. I transfer an amount every Friday which pays my rent, but I transfer quite a bit more than my rent. Into the same account goes my lessees payments so this soon adds up. It gives my a bit of a cushion or I use it to pay myself a dividend.

Cash flow is always hard but I really rein it in and don't spend until I have to. The fact that Ellisons do next day delivery is a godsend.

Vic x

That's my problem I automatic buy because I think oh I will save money as its vat free I need to get out of the habit because I always drastically overstock :/ xx

I always end up buying in Sallys after the vat free. Costing me fortune! Changing colour line so that will keep costs down. But just going to buy in say 20 shades each time and add to it rather than 1 big order. Going to have to go over shade chart today and decide what to buy first.

Latest posts

Back